PDA

View Full Version : Low Hrs Fresh 416 MANY Upgrades - GNCC Ready!!

Quadzilla
09-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Low Hrs Chasis / Fresh 416 MANY Upgrades - GNCC Ready!!
GNCC Ready, Never Raced!!!

Started with a super low hours Honda stock 400EX ATV and set it up for GNCC or aggressive XC (Cross Country) riding (though it has NEVER, EVER been raced!). I bought it totally stock off
of a lawyer friend on mine last spring (2003) who rode it literally 3 times (I was there every ride with him since he bought it) since he got it from Pete's Cycle in Baltimore, MD so it was stock and mint then. I then rode it 5 or 6 times stock and then proceeded to turn it into a mean machine, sparing no expense (of my time or $$$).

Oh, I built this quad with reliability first and comfort a close second. It still is WORLDS faster and better handling than stock, but I did not go over-board in the motor dept because I want to keep it VERY reliable (which it is). It's been ridden about 5 or 6 more times since the motor got completed in June and the below was done. I've changed the oil 3 - 4 times since then and did it with non-synthetic to ensure proper break-in (you can prob switch to synthetic soon) Again, started last year with a stock, low hours Honda (under 40 hours) 400EX and proceeded to do the following:

Ross Racing Pistons 416 Kit 10.8:1 piston kit (forged) with optional tool steel pin (lighter,stronger regular pin)
Custom Cometic Racing Steel Gasket Kit (8 thousands thinner than stock XR on base and head gasket) which ups the compression to about 11.2:1
Hot Cams Stage II Cam (latest revision)
CRF 450R Timing Chain (beefier than XR/EX Chain and same length)
East Coast Performance Ported Head
East Coast Performance Ported/Matched Intake Manifold
East Coast Performance 3-Angle Valve Job
GT Thunder 8 Plate Clutch, pressure plate with Heavy Duty Springs
Performance Engineering Billet Clutch Basket
New Honda OEM Clutch Cable
GT Thunder CDI (10,500 rpm rev, ign advance, no cold starting issues like WB and other boxes)
Sparks X-6 Full Racing Exhaust
Keihin 40mm FCR Downdraft Racing Carb jetted with O2 Sensor
Motion Pro Twist Throttle Kit and push/pull cables
Pro Design Kill Switch (Tether Style)
Four Stroke Tech Type Aux Oil Cooler with rock block (internal oil passage to head tapped, blocked and
re-routed into head via additional oil cooler so cooled oil goes into head vs
hot from crankcase)
Stock Oil Cooler Still on Quad as Well (in addition to the FST type cooler, now it has 2 coolers :-)
EHS Racing Airbox Lid (Billet Alum)
Sparks Racing filter (Uni style) with billet alum ring
Clarke 5.5 Gal Fuel Tank (stock is 3.0 gal) for Long Trips (I ride mostly in
PA)
ITP T9 - Billet Alum Baja Rims (with reenforcing rings)
ITP Holeshot XCT Tires (23" fr, 22" rear, 6-ply)
DeRisi Racing Triple Rate XC Shocks w Rezzies (much plusher than stock and adjustable!!!)
DeRisi Racing Revalved Rear Shock (a world of difference over stock)
PRM and AC Skid Plates (full under-body armor, even a-arms)
PEP Steering Dampner
Trailtech X-Bars and Clamp (TAG Pad on bars and clamp)
RTC Billet Alum Clutch Lever and With Pro Pull Perch
RTC Billet Alum Adjustable (grab and distance) Brake Lever and Perch
AC Propegs/Nerfs (with integrated larger peg with kick-ups)
Pro Design Billet Alum Shifter
Feather Carbon Billet Alum Brake Pedal
Bullet Case Saver (Billet Alum)
Bullet Parking Brake Block off (Billet Alum)
OMF Type Alum Air Scoops ( = more cold air to motor in addition to the two coolers)
XR's-Only Magnetic Drain Plug
XR's-Only temperature display dipstick (billet alum)
Galfer Stainless Steel Brake lines (front)
+ Lots more stuff...

I've added all of the above over the last 15 months (most of it in the last 6 months) , so everything is near new. It runs PERFECTLY, is 100% reliable and much more comfortable and TONS faster than stock (especially over tough terrain thanks to the aftermarket suspension). I did
much of the work myself (except for the boring, piston/cam install, valve job and porting whcih was done by East Coast Performance, Inc). It beats stock TRX450r's and YFZ450's in a drag (have not dragged piped versions of these two yet). It's an awesome machine!!! Serious offers only. As you can see, I have a HELL of a lot $$$ and time into this machine. This quad is done right (no jerry-rigging)! I am willing to drive up to 2 hrs from Hunt Valley, MD to meet you. Also willing to drop off to any shipping service in Baltimore Metropolitan area. I will not box or crate it but some shippers (like Forward Air) will ship without crating. Buyer to pay for ALL shipping directly to shipper. This thing is ready to rock for GNCC and most of you know Santo DeRisi's reputation as a suspension builder (www.derisiracing.com), as well as a top notch GNCC racer! It is going in the local paper this weekend so act now! SERIOUS offers only. Not to be a jerk, but if you don't have the money, don't bother contact me or reply here... Oh, the front photo does not show the new levers and perches (RTC - billet) nor does it show the TAG metals pad over the bar and clamp. I've also added Outterwares shock covers front and rear (seen in side photos). I'll try to take some more pics soon and add them or you can email me to request more. Feel free to email me @ Quadzilla69r@excite.com or call me @ 443-416-3416.

Thanks guys and gals!

Fred

Pics below:

http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/_With_New_Tank_1.jpg

http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/_With_New_Tank_2.jpg

http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/P1010030.JPG

09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
what weight are the shox set up for? does it run on pump gas? how far are you from harrisburg,pa.?

09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
oh ya, any trades?

Quadzilla
09-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Currently setup for 190-210 lbs Agressive XC / GNCC rider but the suspension is very responsive to adjustments unlike stock the suspension, you can make drastic changes with a few clicks. If your weight is wwwway off of mine, you can send the shocks to Santo and he can dial them in for pretty cheap (he is VERY resonable). I live in Northern Maryland but ride in PA (Frackville, Pottsville, Shamokin, etc). I'm told that it will run on pump gas, just never tried it. I run it 110 race fuel mixed with premium pump (50/50 mix). The huge gas tank means that you won't run outta gas while riding, even for 2 days up there in PA! Sorry, can't do any trades :-((

Quadzilla
09-09-2004, 09:31 PM
On Ebay and local paper now (for weekend). Act fast or she'll be gone! Thanks!

09-12-2004, 07:33 PM
still for sale?

Quadzilla
09-13-2004, 06:41 AM
Had a guy offer me $3800. I am supposed to meet him this afternoon. I'll let you know if he shows. If he does not, it's still for sale. Thanks!

Quadzilla
09-13-2004, 05:41 PM
***SOLD***

YFZ 450 in Garage now....