PDA

View Full Version : first time

Alberta_Qaudin
09-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Ok so after sucking half the mud and dirt on the trail into my carb and engine, due to me in all my glory not putting the air filter all the way back on, i'm starting my first ever tear down and rebuild. So any adivce and tips, or good ad ons to todo while i've gotter all torn down.

Rdhanded2
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM
A cam really made mine come alive, and you don't have to worry about boring it out and the prices that a bore job can cause. Also, if you got mud in you engine, you better make sure you clean it out as best as you can. I would use Kerosine(sp) to flush it out, or even diesel fuel. Just my $.02

Alberta_Qaudin
09-09-2004, 10:35 AM
yea i'm gunna take it right down and clean everything, and make sure nothings to gouged up and my sleve and everything is alright, wash it out and start to rebuild....i'm thinkin on a port and polish job.

acold7dusta
09-09-2004, 01:57 PM
if u get mud in ur engine what happens does it like have no throttle response at all and is really slow....cuz ever since ive went mudding (water over the handlebars) on my trx 300 utility it doesnt seem to have any throttle response. itll take a long time to rev and sometimes itll bog if u give it full throttle

Alberta_Qaudin
09-09-2004, 02:23 PM
that could be your carb.....not entierly sure what effect it has on performance....i know when i did get it out of the mud my problem was that it would die when ever i tried to give it just a little throttle, but would run when i gave high revs. and has about a 3 second hesitation in my throttle responce....most of that i attribute to my carb being all gummed up....i'm kind of scared to see what kinda damage i might have done to my engine, dont have it fully apart yet