PDA

View Full Version : Jguetter to flipp a snowmobile

86350x
09-09-2004, 01:03 AM
"just got the email, mid october i'll see whats harder to flip... sled, quad, or bike"

Can't wait to see it, and you flipped a bike already? I'm SlowSRX on the sleadnecks board.

Are you going up to Alaska to do it? Is Giles gonna film it?

Viper, Vector?

Don't try it on an RX1:blah:

ny300exrider
09-09-2004, 04:39 AM
that sounds awsome. even though i dont have a sled, i still think they are awsome to watch and ride.

Wired
09-09-2004, 10:33 AM
You'll find out sooner or later :devil:

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 05:40 PM
What kind of sled are you gunna use??? Light Chassis MX Rev 440 should be easy to flip . Same riding stance as a dirtbike or race ATV . I think I would try flipping a sled before I'd ever try flipping an ATV .... Track inertia helps bring that baby around alot easier than 2 wheels I'd imagine .

Living in the northern parts of Ontario Canada , Sleds are an everyday thing from November till mid April early May ..... I wish I could find the pictures of me busting out Nac Nacs , Heal clickers and a few of the supermans that I was able to bust out on a sled .

If it wasn't for a busted leg , I'd have tried to get on with the snowcross team that our store has and run the Canadian sno-x circuit . If you ever come up to Canada check out Team Royal Distributing ..... We've had #1 spot in each division we have riders in for the last few years . We are also an affiliate sponsor for Tucker Hibert and Blair Morgan . www.royaldistributing.com

Wired
09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
it will probably be on a yamaha. some dude already flips one and i have a good relationship with yamaha. :macho

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Wired
it will probably be on a yamaha. some dude already flips one and i have a good relationship with yamaha. :macho Ahhhh :o LOL ... I hope it aint an RX-1 Cuz that's asking for trouble Them things are PIGS . I'd be sketchy about doing an SRX ... suspension aint the greatest . But I guess if Yamaha might provide you with a sled ... go with them .... but if it get's down to which YOU can choose .... I'm telling you flip a Ski Doo MX Rev 440 . Light , Agile , Wikkid suspension , Lots of Bottom end power that you're gunna need .

JLanphear
09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ahhhh :o LOL ... I hope it aint an RX-1 Cuz that's asking for trouble Them things are PIGS . I'd be sketchy about doing an SRX ... suspension aint the greatest . But I guess if Yamaha might provide you with a sled ... go with them .... but if it get's down to which YOU can choose .... I'm telling you flip a Ski Doo MX Rev 440 . Light , Agile , Wikkid suspension , Lots of Bottom end power that you're gunna need .

From what John just said, I'd have to guess it's a Viper.

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
From what John just said, I'd have to guess it's a Viper. :confused: :grr:

I'm a loyal Bombardier/ Ski-Doo person . If it is , I hope he wears good protective gear .... gunna be a rough landing .

Man all this sled talk is making me anxious for winter . Too bad I wont be able to ride this year :( I guess I'll just have to follow the team around and watch them ride .

Just an interesting thing I found on the net ... if you go to www.skidoo.com and look at their race sled , it looks like its gunna beat all the competition this year . They've added a few things , removed a few other things, and made this thing into a rocket . Dry wait of 425 LBS . They've also added a new feature .... Pipe Pre-heat .... press a buttom while on the starting line warming up your sled ... it retards the timming so that the pipe heats up quicker ... in return giving you a better holeshot .... now that's innovation . Nice thing about it , It comes STOCK on the race sled ... not like other companies that don't have it and it's like a few hundred dollars from the aftermarket . Can't wait to see it perform this year . Maybe I'll convince my doctor to get my cast off and let me ride this winter :devil:

JLanphear
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
:confused: :grr:

I'm a loyal Bombardier/ Ski-Doo person . If it is , I hope he wears good protective gear .... gunna be a rough landing .

nahhhhhhhh.....the yammies like being upside down too

http://www.fsxworld.com/pics/JIMBACKYLG.jpg

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Thats a wikkid picture . I give props to anyone that is willing to go out and flip a sled .... you got NUTZ ... no matter what kind it is .

I would like to compare the weight of that sled to one like a REV . I know a stock SX Viper weighs probably 500+ LBS as to this REV with a claimed dry weight of 424LBS in stock form . Take the seat off of the REV and shave atleast 20 LBS on it . I bet you can get a freestyle sled to weigh less than 400LBS easily and Jon shouldn't have any problems flipping one .... it's not much heavier than an ATV .

I just have to say Jon ... when you flip the sled , it might come around a little bit quicker than an ATV because of the track inertia ( but i aint an expert at this shiat so who knows) .... best way to find out ... gas it to the bar and hope for the best . First ever flip was on a HUGE 600+lbs sled .... good old Ski-Doo Summit 700 ( might have been a 600 cc i can't remember)

NacsMXer
09-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, Jim Rippey did it first on the Summit 700 with like a full tank of gas, lol. The shiot these guys are pullin now with the backy ramps and such is plain sick. Im with you Quad18star, I can't wait for the winter, I havent taken my sled out in like almost 2 years cuz of school :( . But anyways, good luck Jon on the sled backy-GIT ER DONE! :devil:

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Jon you gunna pull it off a natural snow jump , or you gunna have a ramp like this suka ...

http://www.slednecks.com/sn_gallery/e_backy/15.jpg

http://www.slednecks.com/sn_gallery/e_backy/14.jpg

Notice he's ridding the best ;)

http://www.slednecks.com/sn_gallery/e_backy/08.jpg

86350x
09-10-2004, 02:27 AM
That's Jim Feje's(Jimmy blaze). He's I guess what you would say a factory supported freestyler. A Viper mod, mostly stock engine, radical seat and some suspension mods.

I'm guessing that maybe you got ahold of him, and are going to use one of his machines.

I think Jims the best guy out there in snowmobile freestyle, good luck to ya, and come back in one peice.

So maybe you'll be on the list soon

BjMurry, rev
Jay quinlin rev
Heath Frisbee FireCat
Jim Fejes Viper
Jim Rippey Summit
Ryan Britt ProX
Tim Needles Firecat

There's a couple more crazy kids up there doing them too.

Quad18star, do you have a rev?

I'm not brand loyal, but NOTHING off of the showroom floor will beat my sled in a straight line:D

And that's all that really matters to me............

Btw John, what's wrong with the XC that you have at home:devil:

Quad18star
09-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
That's Jim Feje's(Jimmy blaze). He's I guess what you would say a factory supported freestyler. A Viper mod, mostly stock engine, radical seat and some suspension mods.

I'm guessing that maybe you got ahold of him, and are going to use one of his machines.

I think Jims the best guy out there in snowmobile freestyle, good luck to ya, and come back in one peice.

So maybe you'll be on the list soon

BjMurry, rev
Jay quinlin rev
Heath Frisbee FireCat
Jim Fejes Viper
Jim Rippey Summit
Ryan Britt ProX
Tim Needles Firecat

There's a couple more crazy kids up there doing them too.

Quad18star, do you have a rev?

I'm not brand loyal, but NOTHING off of the showroom floor will beat my sled in a straight line:D

And that's all that really matters to me............

Btw John, what's wrong with the XC that you have at home:devil: Nah I don't have a REV .... I wish I did though . I was planing on getting one this winter to race/ride but I busted my leg to ***** and wont be able to do anything for the next year or so , so theres no point in buying a sled . I have however rode the REV 600 H.O and REV 440 last year ( I'm good friends with the local Bombardier dealership so He gave me the Demo sled on weekends) and they are a wikkid ride . It'll take you a few hours to get used to the ridding style but once you're settled in and comfortable it's a wikkid riding stance .
I sold my sled a few years ago and kick myself in the az for doing so . It was a 96 Formula 3 600 but was done up to the hilt . Depending on the snow/ice conditions it would get anywhere from 122 to 126 MPH on the gun in the 1000 foot.

Wired
09-10-2004, 02:08 PM
haha i think the 2001 XC 600 i have at home is a bit out dated. might as well go with a new viper huh :devil:

09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Jonll prob. try it out in Minnesota, you guys get plenty of snow out there. God relations with Yamaha, eh?

hoser 400ex
09-11-2004, 07:26 AM
if its done in mn jon let me know... i wanna be there!!:macho

mxquadracer
09-18-2004, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't mind seing it thrown down either, if it's in MN...so Jon's gonna go for the big 3 huh? Was wondering what all the questions on slednecks was about:eek: Good luck man

Syrus
09-18-2004, 04:20 PM
You should try using either a new Polaris Pro-X or a new MXZ-X 440.

86350x
09-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Syrus
You should try using either a new Polaris Pro-X or a new MXZ-X 440.

He already said he was going with a Viper:rolleyes:

Quad18star
09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
A link to get you pumped for some sledding and back flip .

http://www.turnagainhardcore.com/

It get's good about 1/3 of the way in .
This movie is on my Must Buy list.

Jon , you should really concider comming up to Canada to do the flip .... we have some awesome back country , lots of natural jumps .... and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get someone to loan you a groomer to build yourself a backflip jump ... unless you plan on ramping it. My personal opinion would be to do a natural snow jump instead of a ramp jump.

theTman
09-23-2004, 07:55 PM
A link to get you pumped for some sledding and back flip .

http://www.turnagainhardcore.com/

It get's good about 1/3 of the way in .
This movie is on my Must Buy list.

Jon , you should really concider comming up to Canada to do the flip .... we have some awesome back country , lots of natural jumps .... and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get someone to loan you a groomer to build yourself a backflip jump ... unless you plan on ramping it. My personal opinion would be to do a natural snow jump instead of a ramp jump.

wow that was a nasty vid....crazy *** whips:eek2:

Quad18star
09-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by theTman
wow that was a nasty vid....crazy *** whips:eek2: Sick eh ???? :devil:

86350x
09-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Sick eh ???? :devil:

Posted it 2 months ago in the open forum. They broke the record for distance for 3 weeks straight during filming.

I think they set the record for backflip distance too.

daiglea
09-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Any of you guys have the older THC vid. I loved that one but cant' find it.

bluebaron
09-28-2004, 05:27 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p3371991105e548f6740d62a31872cf55/fb5edeeb.jpg

I hope ya pull it out in mn, if you do i ****ing want to be there

WhiteBrosKB220
10-19-2004, 08:05 PM
thats some nasty s**t dude gotta love it. send some more pics like those:blah:

Quad18star
10-19-2004, 10:19 PM
http://www.fsxworld.com/news/guetterfsx.htm