PDA

View Full Version : Assualt Weapons ban

bluebaron
09-08-2004, 09:28 PM
What is your thoughts on it. personnally, i cant wait to get some goodies, i hate the prices of **** now:(

Heres a site For You.
Site against the ban (http://www.awbansunset.com/history.html)

JUSTINcredible
09-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Is this just in Minnesota??

I seen this on the news tonight

FastHonda400ex
09-08-2004, 11:51 PM
The AWB affects the whole country.

The sad thing about it, is that the handgun is the most used weapon in violent crimes. The assault rifles are the least used weapon, and that's coming from national statistics on crimes committed with weapons.

A ban placed upon any firearm doesn't deter crime anyway, because criminals will always find a way to get any weapon that they want to get their hands on.

LazeR
09-09-2004, 01:14 AM
I think its awesome that the ban is up! I just wish i was 21! I always look at it as "If everyone had a gun, ppl wouldn't want to pull a gun on someone knowing they have a gun as well" but thats just my philosphy, and fasthonda400ex is right, a ban on guns does nothing, because criminals will always have them, its kind of like when they banned alcohol...ppl who really wanted to drink found a way.....If there is a will there is a way!

MOFO
09-09-2004, 04:29 AM
wooohooo...

I was happy to hear about it.... been watching the countdown like a new years countdown. Time to load up on some hi-cap mags for my glock!

zephead400ex
09-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I don't necessarily believe assault weapons should be banned but it does make me feel uneasy to know that 'ole Joe Schmo from down the street can go by assault weapons. Cops are worried that they will be outgunned on the streets by criminals. Well hell, if someone wants to get an assault weapon and cause harm, they can do it via the Black Market, no problem. The legal ban does not do much of anything for the people who we should be worried about owning assault weapons.

Again, the middle man is in last place...

khj
09-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
wooohooo...

I was happy to hear about it.... been watching the countdown like a new years countdown. Time to load up on some hi-cap mags for my glock!

that is the exact same thing I thought about when I heard it was expirring

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
I don't want to turn this into a b!tch fest or anything , but when I watched Michael Moores documentary of Bowling for Columbine , that opened my eyes as to how gun crazy the USA actually is .

Why / How is it , that the USA has nearly 12 000 murders from guns each year and other countries range from 200 to as low as 60 something?

It's true what he said in his movie also ... there are more guns in Canada per capita ..... 30 million people in Canada with 10 million house holds that have guns . I myself have 5 guns ... I can tell you EVERYONE i know has atleast 2 or 3 guns .... some have more than others. But our murder rate from guns is way low . I live in a town of 200 000 people.... I can't remember when the last murder by a gun was commited . And you don't hear on the news about assault weapons and stuff . I'd have to say a ban on assault weapons would be a smart thing to have . I'm not sure about all the laws in the USA and various states so I might be wrong on this .... but shouldn't you guys have a gun registry ??? ( maybe you do already) . Up here in Canada , they past a law a few years back that any gun that you owned had to be registered with the government ...... the penalty for being caught with an unregistered firearm has a maximum of life in prison and minimum fine of $5000 plus a 5 years prison term.

Someone said its not gun's that kill people , it's people that kill people ... yes that is true .... but why do they call it ASSAULT weapons??? Just give that one a thought for a minute or two .

I don't want this post to turn into an all out fight like i've seen some posts turn into . These are just my opinions on this matter .

bluebaron
09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I don't necessarily believe assault weapons should be banned but it does make me feel uneasy to know that 'ole Joe Schmo from down the street can go by assault weapons. Cops are worried that they will be outgunned on the streets by criminals. Well hell, if someone wants to get an assault weapon and cause harm, they can do it via the Black Market, no problem. The legal ban does not do much of anything for the people who we should be worried about owning assault weapons.

Again, the middle man is in last place...

Welll said, a bout the availabity of them, u can still buy them, theres plenty of hi cap mags, folding stocks, and other stuff that is pre ban.

I cant wait to get some 25, maybe 50 round 10/20 mags, and a folding stock for the mini 14 for more easily coon and ditch huntin

Woodsrider
09-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I don't want to turn this into a b!tch fest or anything , but when I watched Michael Moores documentary of Bowling for Columbine , that opened my eyes as to how gun crazy the USA actually is .

Why / How is it , that the USA has nearly 12 000 murders from guns each year and other countries range from 200 to as low as 60 something?

It's true what he said in his movie also ... there are more guns in Canada per capita ..... 30 million people in Canada with 10 million house holds that have guns . I myself have 5 guns ... I can tell you EVERYONE i know has atleast 2 or 3 guns .... some have more than others. But our murder rate from guns is way low . I live in a town of 200 000 people.... I can't remember when the last murder by a gun was commited . And you don't hear on the news about assault weapons and stuff . I'd have to say a ban on assault weapons would be a smart thing to have . I'm not sure about all the laws in the USA and various states so I might be wrong on this .... but shouldn't you guys have a gun registry ??? ( maybe you do already) . Up here in Canada , they past a law a few years back that any gun that you owned had to be registered with the government ...... the penalty for being caught with an unregistered firearm has a maximum of life in prison and minimum fine of $5000 plus a 5 years prison term.

Someone said its not gun's that kill people , it's people that kill people ... yes that is true .... but why do they call it ASSAULT weapons??? Just give that one a thought for a minute or two .

I don't want this post to turn into an all out fight like i've seen some posts turn into . These are just my opinions on this matter .

First off let me start by saying **** Michael Moore, he is a liberal ****ing puke who needs to move to another country if its so bad here.;)
That being said, Im glad they ban is not being renewed. There are a few things ive been needing and just couldn't afford due to supply and demand. With the ban being lifted, prices will drop and I can get a couple of new toys:D

Quadstar Im not busting on you, every country has its problems, ours may be high crime or whatever the media is hyping up, but I can assure you that in the eyes of many Americans this is still a better place to live than any where else on Gods green earth.:)

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
First off let me start by saying **** Michael Moore, he is a liberal ****ing puke who needs to move to another country if its so bad here.;)
That being said, Im glad they ban is not being renewed. There are a few things ive been needing and just couldn't afford due to supply and demand. With the ban being lifted, prices will drop and I can get a couple of new toys:D

Quadstar Im not busting on you, every country has its problems, ours may be high crime or whatever the media is hyping up, but I can assure you that in the eyes of many Americans this is still a better place to live than any where else on Gods green earth.:) Hey man ... I respect your opinions and point of view . Everyone has different views on everything .

Woodsrider
09-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Hey man ... I respect your opinions and point of view . Everyone has different views on everything .

Cool
:cool: Now go enjoy all the great trails Canada has to offer, I wish the kind of trail systems here as the ones I read about in Canada. ;) Peace out:D

Quad18star
09-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Cool
:cool: Now go enjoy all the great trails Canada has to offer, I wish the kind of trail systems here as the ones I read about in Canada. ;) Peace out:D If you ever have a chance to come and ride the trails , it would be a trip you'd never forget . Countless miles of trails ... everything from biginner to most advanced . :D

Woodsrider
09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Beleive me friend, its on my list of things to do. As soon as I get a motorhome.;)

310Rduner
09-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Quadstar.. the "assault weapons" ban is and always has been pretty retarded. Their definition of assault ban, is any rifle with a piston grip, a folding stock (even if its over the legal length of 26 inches) a bayonet lug, and any detachable magazine over 10rounds. It has nothing to do with fully automatics. It makes the ar-15 illegal here in cali, but at the same time you can buy a mini-14 almost exactly the same as the ar with different looks. Functionally its exactly the same. The ban also hasn't had ANY effect on gun crimes and every statistic the politicians have confirms this. Does 12 bullets make a gun THAT much more dangerous that 10rounds?? What about a pistol grip.. does that facilitate firing from the hip like the assault weapons ban states? No.. it just makes your wrist more comfortable and more accurate control while shooting. Last time someone was murdered in a gang crime with a bayonet??

2000ex
09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes, I cannot wait to order a pallet of Tec-9's :devil: or a large legal drum for my SKS :D