PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Questions

doctor_915
04-08-2002, 06:32 PM
Well guys its my 400's nine month anniversary and the plastic is starting to look like crap. I tried plaining off a few layers to get some scrathes off helped a little but takes too long so I got a few questions for you all.

1) I have talked to a few people who said they use this stuff called Bulldog. It softens the plastic so the paint will stick. Has anyone worked with this? I was wondering if the paint will come right off.

2) Who knows where I can get some of the new shiny Maier? I heard a few ppl on here talking about a man selling it on Ebay but I cant find his auction so if anyone knows where I can talk to him I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time and help.

PS- Has anyone ever ran one color front fenders and a different color rear fender? Just wondering if that would look like crap or if it woulld look pretty nice in your opinoin.

Juggalo
04-08-2002, 08:06 PM
theres a guy in huevos 4 who has a yellow front and blue back and it looks like crap. stick withg the same colors.

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 08:30 AM
I believe Terry will be able to get the shiny pretty soon. its according what color you want. I ordered the shiny white through Maier and i got lucky because they just happened to finish making some! It will be about 1-4 weeks on the colors that arent finished, but you can go ahead and call Terry and order you some. When you going to get that motor work done DOC? Have you decided what builder and what you want????

doctor_915
04-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Yup Chad I decided I am just gonna get a 440 stroker off of Sparks. That wasy if anything breaks I wont have 3000 invested.I wont be getting it done untill December cuz I do not want to miss all the prime riding time. Thanks Chad I might as well call Marty when I get a chance. I was hopinh for either shiny orange or shiny silver, maybe I will be lucky too.

nakomis0
04-09-2002, 11:33 AM
That Plastic renew worked great for me. Took alot of elbow grease when I first put it on. But now I just have to throw a coat or 2 on every and then after a wash. And it has new like shine.

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 03:18 PM
You will like the new shiny Maier. the UPS truck just brougt in my white shiny. I will post a pic of it in the TC 505 post in the open forum here in just a little bit!!!!
If you go with Sparks there gonna take a long time to get it done!!!

DiceMan400
04-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Go with full bore plastics...... Maier is the worst....... It sags and scratches real easy....... You get what you pay for........ Fullbore is the best...... Even better than stock.....

Chef
04-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Sure Fullbore is the best, but its also $500....if you want shiny plastic for even cheaper than maier, but dont mind getting the same color again, just get stock plastic. $65 front and about $70 rear, then about 35 for the side panels.

ChadEXer
04-10-2002, 07:38 AM
The stock plastic is nice. i though i would just try this new Maier out to see how they did. it looks a lot nicer than the old stuff. i guess Ill find out. i will still prolly get me a set of Fullbore pretty soon though!!

doctor_915
04-10-2002, 11:21 AM
I thought about getting stock plastiques again but decided against it cuz I have my heart set on some silver and some orange. I do not want to pay 500 bucks for looks and then scratch it, even though I think I have a way to help that(its a crazy idea that involves lots of saranwrap) plus Fullbore does not make plastic that has the headlights I do not want to have to buy aftermarket lights I wanna save money for something that makes a difference like shocks and my motor work.