PDA

View Full Version : pep up front?

fast4Exr
09-07-2004, 11:26 PM
i have a 400ex and a friend of mine gave me some standard pep triple rate front shocks w/rezzies in good shape, and said they were recently rebuilt. i have stockers right now and he said they'ed mount up perfectly. we are about the same size, when i bolted them on they seemed to be fine but i havn't ridden with them, should i leav'em mounted or have them checked out by a pro. who migh tbe able to do this for me?

02 400ex
white bros e2
love to ride.........

sickmojave
09-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Take a ride and see how they work ;)

sharkinthepool
09-08-2004, 05:32 AM
how good of a friend is he?

It really is not that big of a deal. Just ease into stuff though do not go out and try to be Doug Gust! Start out slow on some jumps at first and then go bigger.

If he said they were just rebuilt they should be fine.

If you are that curious about it. Just take the whole bike to a shop and have them check the pressure in the canisters. That should tell you pretty quick if there ok to go full bore.

09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in EXriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

TC426EX
09-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Youre probably fine... Anyway, athe only way to "check" the shocks is to have them completely disassembled, inspected, and serviced over again by ab**** or PEP/baldwin motorsports. If you ride them and they work fine then theyre good. Its a good idea to get your shocks serviced once a year at the end of the season anyway, so either get them re serviced now to be safe, or ride them and get it done later. At * bucks for a full service from ab****, that is a REALLY great price, and perhaps it would be money well spent for peace of mind...

09-08-2004, 09:21 PM
That is correct. the only way to tell is to tear them apart and see what the oil looks like.

TC426EX
09-08-2004, 10:08 PM
you guys will need to discuss your business through PMs obviously...