PDA

View Full Version : who is a cop in this forum

blasteracer07
09-07-2004, 09:52 PM
hey would you care ( the cop) if u saw a kid riding on the side of the road goin slow??

2kSVT
09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
No,but I work in a big city and have bigger fish to catch than a kid on a quad.We actually have a bunch of kids that live in a crappy
neighborhood that ride the side streets to get to some woods to ride. I have stopped and talked to them a couple times. Hey, if it keeps them from stealing cars or something..cool.

Rod

blasteracer07
09-08-2004, 03:01 PM
lol thanks alot man

honda92
09-11-2004, 08:52 PM
ok say your on a 2 lane highway and squad car is coming at you in the opposite lane, can you radar how fast the on coming car is going?

Hammer trx450r
09-12-2004, 05:45 AM
yes they can. Don't be idiots neer public roads, show some respect for their rules and they will respect yours. Been stopped and talked to by many cops in my 15 yrs and never had trouble. I stop for every cop that wants to talk, never ran!! Most cops want to check out my ride and rap about it, not bust my balls

Hammer trx450r
09-12-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
yes they can. Don't be idiots neer public roads, show some respect for their rules and they will respect yours. Been stopped and talked to by many cops in my 15 yrs and never had trouble. I stop for every cop that wants to talk, never ran!! Most cops want to check out my ride and rap about it, not bust my balls

And guys i lived in NEW Jersey for those 15 yrs so i dont want to hear that cops are *******s in your town

Jersey450R
09-12-2004, 06:15 AM
i live in jersey and the cops here are not that bad. once in a while your gonna get that one though. my theory is if you run, your getting chased, if you go slow and stop if they want you too, your respecting them and lessens your chances of getting in trouble. remember, if you run once, they will always remember you for the next time.:huh

lrdz400
09-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I live in central jersey and the cops around here bust our *** all the time. Some times i will stop for them but thats only when i know i cant get away. But when we ride in the pits and i see one im gone!!!!

copter
09-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by lrdz400
I live in central jersey and the cops around here bust our *** all the time. """"Some times i will stop for them but thats only when i know i cant get away""""". But when we ride in the pits and i see one im gone!!!!

And you wonder why they bust your ***???

Hammer trx450r
09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Welcome copter good first post:p

Pappy
09-15-2004, 06:35 PM
i did my share of running when i was much younger...mainly from stupidity.

looking back i realize it was the wrong thing to do. now i just pull over and chat with them. ive met my share of police officers that were nothing more then an attitude with a badge, but usually i try and see thier point and also the type of people they are normally tasked with dealing with.

when you run, you make us all look bad. and when you get caught you make us all look slow:eek: :blah: (j/k)

TCRACING425EX
09-15-2004, 07:19 PM
not to be bi***ing ut i live in ny and the sherifs dec and dep are dicks i was riding in the corn feilds and one decides to pull me over. ok no prob he asks for insurence and regestration hoping i wont have it and sees that i do u can see the disepointment in his face and the asks me how old i am. im like oh ok im 14. and he said do u have a safty course and no i dont. been riding since i was 2 u know. so he gives me a tickeet for being to young for my quad a 400ex.:huh :mad: im 5'10 how the hell am i gonna fit on a lt 80. as*hole

Rebelrider4OOex
09-18-2004, 09:32 PM
[i] Been stopped and talked to by many cops in my 15 yrs and never had trouble. [/B]

thats funny every time i stop for a cop they tell me to pack up and leave or give me a ticket and i live in jersey to

:(

LazeR
09-24-2004, 12:20 AM
The member Popo on here is a cop, i don't know where he is at for this question! Ive only been stopped once, and i just washed my quad and ran it up the street real quick not even an 1/8th mile to dry it off....never went out of 2nd gear was going slow...wasnt being stupid and he flipped out! I will never do that again! but i can haul my quad anywhere i want to go riding around here

JRDrider22
09-24-2004, 02:13 PM
i cant even start my bike up in my neighborhood. we have to start it in the garage. damn old people suck

monkeyboy
09-24-2004, 02:48 PM
stoooopid kids:rolleyes:

Varmit57
09-25-2004, 12:49 AM
I live near a small town in Iowa and seems like everyone has Quads. The cop in town doesn't care where you go as long as you ride with respect. We can drive them right up to the gas station for a fill up and a soda. Also there are Golf cars, Gators, and Mules all over town that some the the older folks have. Infact my Mom & Dad are retired and run around town on there Gator... They just have a Flag and a SMV sign on the back to be safe. When I stopped in town earlier tonight she was parked beside the cop car on main street in front of the grocery store.