PDA

View Full Version : kymco ??????

Trx4Life
09-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Well after playing on the new Pred (putting around in first and second mostely), the wife has decided she wants a bike of her own. She has told me she dosent want to play with the hand and foot thing (clutch and shift) so I need an automatic. She also said she wants it to look sporty (no racks and stuff) , so all the obvious autos are out the question. She picked up an atv mag with a buyers guide and found a Kymco Mongoose 250 and really likes the pics of it, can any one tell me anything about this bike where i could find one? Any other suggestinos would be great ! Thanks guys

QuadJunkies
09-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Trx4Life
Well after playing on the new Pred (putting around in first and second mostely), the wife has decided she wants a bike of her own. She has told me she dosent want to play with the hand and foot thing (clutch and shift) so I need an automatic. She also said she wants it to look sporty (no racks and stuff) , so all the obvious autos are out the question. She picked up an atv mag with a buyers guide and found a Kymco Mongoose 250 and really likes the pics of it, can any one tell me anything about this bike where i could find one? Any other suggestinos would be great ! Thanks guys I have only seen the Mongoose Mini,nice machine but sure are tippy!!! I know a local shop here that sells them, you should PM Exrider FastBikes and she can get you some info.;)

Trx4Life
09-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey QJ is the name Exrider Fastbikes or just Fastbikes or somthing I tryed the hole thing and it said there was no user by that name... I looked in the member list see if it had a underscore or somthing but I couldent find nothing. thanks for the help though

QuadJunkies
09-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey QJ is the name Exrider Fastbikes or just Fastbikes or somthing I tryed the hole thing and it said there was no user by that name... I looked in the member list see if it had a underscore or somthing but I couldent find nothing. thanks for the help though Oh sorry........ She is an Exriders Member Her User name is "FastBikes". ;) If you go into" search" and put her name in, it will list her thread postings and make it easier to find her.... ;) But you prol. already knew that...... ;)

fastbikes
09-08-2004, 11:41 AM
The dealer where I got the Mongoose is Woody's outdoor Power, they are located in Caldwell, Idaho. Their number is 208-459-0662. They have a web address but I never gone to it. www.woodysoutdoorpower.com. If I remember right I think that they have a 250 sitting on their lot. Let me know if you need more info.

We haven't had any problems with the Mongoose 90. My whole family has 3 90's. Also if I remember right they have either a 6 month or 1 year warrenty

QuadJunkies
09-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by fastbikes
The dealer where I got the Mongoose is Woody's outdoor Power, they are located in Caldwell, Idaho. Their number is 208-459-0662. They have a web address but I never gone to it. www.woodysoutdoorpower.com. If I remember right I think that they have a 250 sitting on their lot. Let me know if you need more info.

We haven't had any problems with the Mongoose 90. My whole family has 3 90's. Also if I remember right they have either a 6 month or 1 year warrenty I looked all over for there website and couldnt find it!!!:o :p How have you guys been anyhow ??? Never see you guys anymore :(

fastbikes
09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
the website for kymco is www.strmotorsports.com..
we haven't been doing to much... it's the end of summer which is so overwhelming. Austin started school, I started school again and it seem like we don't have much time for much.

Trx4Life
09-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Well I done some calling around and there is a place here in louisiana that can get me one for about 3 grand the only problem is he has to order it and i wouldent be able to take a look at it till after i buy it... what do you guys think?

fastbikes
09-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I not real sure, never rode one. I know that there was a write up on the kymco 250 in one of the recent atv mags. I hate for you to buy it and it is a really pos. I am sure there is a big difference in the 90 to a 250. Might be better to go get a trail blazer or what ever that one is that polaris make that is an auto:)

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Well I done some calling around and there is a place here in louisiana that can get me one for about 3 grand the only problem is he has to order it and i wouldent be able to take a look at it till after i buy it... what do you guys think? I would DEF test one to make sure its something she REALLY likes first... its a big gamble, I would hate to see her get a quad and hate it right off the bat. ;)

Trx4Life
09-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Yea thats what im scared of too... i wish there was some one that had one to get a little more info... :(

raptorrider
09-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Well, a friend of mine bought one for his son. Its a nice lookin machine, it has a warranty, and is super easy to use. It has Honda bolt pattern, so wheel spacers could easily take some tippy out, which is the only problem we have found with the "Goose".

The Kymco looks and rides like a real solid machine, as his wife also rides it. We went to Windrock TN with his wife on it, and after a broken swinger on Kodiak, and a broken ball joint on a Big Bear, and a seperated ball joint on a Bombarider Limo (2 seater) the Kymco went without problem.

The quad doesnt have gobs of power, but its enough unless you wanna ride wheelies or climb monster hills.

bradley300
09-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Kymco is putting 3 riders on a mongoose for the 12 hours of america to help prove its reliability. there simple fact they are dong this says what they think of there quads. by october 31st we should know just how good they are!

quadsrfun
09-23-2004, 04:42 PM
we are a kymco dealer in IN. and have had only one come back in for warrenty work it was a little 50 and the rear shock broke . kymco is working on a 450 sport quad with manual clutch and a 500 twin 4x4 . kymcos rock:D :D