PDA

View Full Version : any sugestions?

badluckrider
09-07-2004, 07:21 PM
this problem has happened twice. I will ride for an hour and it will act like its running out of fuel. after it stalls it will fire back up and idle until i give it gas and then it stalls. It will continue to do this after it has cooled down. I do not know how or why it fixed it self the last time but my next long ride it did it again.

Thanks for any sugestions

cals400ex
09-07-2004, 09:46 PM
take the carb off and clean the heck out of it. remove all the jets and clean them out too. spray all over the carb to make sure it is fully cleaned. it wouldn't hurt putting on a fuel filter either.

Bill Fuller
09-07-2004, 10:00 PM
check the breather tube coming off of the gas tank to make sure there are no obstructions.

Steve-o 400EX
09-07-2004, 11:04 PM
this could also mean ur running rich, if u r running that right these are the symptoms-- Will idle fine because ur pilot jet is in control of that but when u give it gas it wants to die out because there is too much fuel and not enough air. check ur spark plug and make sure it is a light golden brown, if it has a darker brown tint to it then u r rich, if it is more towards white then u r running lean which i dont think is the case but is possible.

Take a looksee and let us know what u find out.:cool: