PDA

View Full Version : Frontend alinement for 400 ex?

TRFOXX
08-31-2001, 10:12 AM
Anyone no how to do this? My handle bars are to the right a little and was wondering if theres any way of fixing this. I have never flipped or rolled the machine so i dont think its my stem. And just put new Renthel handlebars on in its right position. I did hit a rock last weekend front right but noticed it before that. I called the Honda shop and they said they can do an alinement for around $50 bucks.

08-31-2001, 11:04 AM
Don't take it to em that's highway robbery,,,Fed ex your whole bike to me and I'll do it for 10 bucks,,,,just kidding.. There are 2 flat spots on each tie rods that a wrench will fit perfect, they're at both ends of the tie rod,,If you loosen them, you'll need to hold the tie rod with one hand and loosen the what ever you would call it with the other hand.. Once you have both ends loose per tie rod you can physically turn your tie rod in circles and you'll notice your wheel turning also back and forth,,,there's many ways to determine if it's aligned properly.. I use a tape measure and measure from the middle tread to the middle tread on the opposite front tire,,I really don't know how to explain it,,,Look in your owners manual,, I can't remember if they tell ya how to adjust your alignment or not.....good luck..but maybe what I told ya so far will get ya started and you might see what I'm talking about once ya get in there and get your feet wet...:D

TRFOXX
08-31-2001, 05:03 PM
Thanks again Rico ill start with the info you gave me and take it from there.Yeah i thought that $50 bucks was a little steep for an alinement. Thats as much as my 4x4 Truck! Im going riding in the morning at Pike State Forest hopefully I can get this done tonight.