PDA

View Full Version : gnarly crash

SSracingNY
09-07-2004, 07:03 PM
It all started as one of those days. Gloomy rainy days. but anywho. To start off I almost over slept until my friend called me and asked if we were still riding. And i said yes. Went to load the blaster on the trailer and it mutsa flooded or something cuz i topped off my tank and almost forgot to put oil in. so i did that and when i went to kick it over it didnt start so i was like wth. went inside and ate a pop tart, came out and fired right up. so i loaded it up and headed out. Got to my friends and we went to school to find out lockers and whatnot. so on the way back we decided to run up to the local dealer and snoop around and pick up some goodies. bought some new scott turboflow goggles. i love em, they didnt fog at all. there double lens. they have a blue tint to em. real nice. but yea. so we came back and picked up our other friend(woracing). well we rode from like 2:30 till like 6:00. day went very well. nothing happened until i let kevin(woracing) ahead of us. I was on my friends kdx and he was on my blaster and kevin was on his 450r. well i let him and my other friend go. i was behind my blaster cuz its a blaster. not fast. and around a slight corner i saw the 450 parked sideways across the trail. i figured he was takin a piss. then i get a little closer(as the dust kinda settled) and i see him laying on the ground not moving at all. bars bent, bent subframe, bent rear grab bar, throttle upsidedown, right front rim bent to ****. so i rushed up to him and he was screaming and not moving. i finally got him to stop screaming and he started to move on his own. it was enough i could get his helmet off, then he kinda sat up in a daze. i asked how many fingers, his phone #, name. he didnt mess up so he was ok there. he kept repeating questions like what road were we near, what happened, who saw it.

he seems to be ok now. hes starting to get some memory back and acting himself again. He seriously scared the hell outta me. I coulda swore he was dead when i pulled up. absolutly no movement and he was mangled pretty good. Needless to say i think im going to slow down a little bit. Its happened to both people that i ride with the most and I think its going to be me next. Ive crashed a few times but never was like that.

I-7
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
So no one knows how he flipped it?

Fast250EX
09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Yeah, i think every should be a littl more careful. Seems there has been an aweful stream of ATV accidents lately, a couple hitting close to home.

Just yesterday, a very good friend was riding and had a pretty bad wreck. I heard he messed his face up pretty bad, but dont have many details on that yet.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was talkin to one of my friends friday afterschool, cuttin up and havin a good time. Then, about noon that Saturday, he was ridin a sportsman 500 and flipped it several times after hittin his friends CR250, and it killed him. That one really made me question just how safe i really was bein. It is scary to think that the thing i love the most could end up being the very thing that kills me.

So, I just stress that everyone be careful when they are out riding. Things happen so fast and can mess you up big time.

Be careful everyone,
F250EX

SSracingNY
09-07-2004, 07:50 PM
no one knows how he flipped. it was on the old rail road bed and in one part it was bulldozed down a few inches and was pretty choppy for like 50ft then it was back to the tracks. i think he(well obviously) going too fast and lost control. idk if i woulda been scared more if i saw the whole thing or when i came in. on the way back to the truck i was seriously thinking about getting out of riding but then i was thinking that at any given time someone can kill me or i can just tople over and die. I usually dont think about dieing but when you see your best friend laying still on the ground in a pretzle it makes your mind go crazy.

but like 250ex said, please everyone be careful and if your going too fast for the conditions and you feel as if your losing control. know your roll and slow down. even if your trying to keep up. if your riding buddies are really buddies they will wait up at the next stop

Quad18star
09-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Tell your friend to get himself checked out by a doctor or something. You never know .... he might have a concussion . Accidents happen really quickly and always when you least expect it . I had my leg broken on the 15th of august due to an accident with a dirt bike . Call me supersition or what but the day that I broke my leg , my dad loaded my bike into the back of my truck . The bike stalled 4 times going into my truck . My dad had a gut feeling soemthign was wrong but never said anything . My mom offered me to take her cell phone and I usually don't but decided to take it that day . She had a gut feeling also . Just after I unloaded and went to go riding, my 450 wouldn't start .... finally after a little while it started . 15 minutes later , I was laying in the dirt with a MAJOR breal in my leg and was waiting for the Helicoptor to come pick me up .

Can't stress it enough .... PEOPLE ... BE CAREFUL!!!!

markk
09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
yeah man, I put a post on here about 6 months ago now, My buddies 450r was 5 days old and we went ridng at St.Joe state park, And he and i where ripping around the place pretty good, We just cam outa a little whoop section in the woods, and the turn was just a slight right turn, and i was in high 3rd gear on my 400ex and he was pushing a high2nd gear on his 450r,(with HRC kit installed) And the next thing i know the quad goes end over end, and i see my buddieshoot right off the trail with the quad chasing him, and Bouncing over him!

The only thing we can think of is that the rim gave up, Becuase when we got the quad back to the truck we looked, ANd the wheel where the hub mounts up was pushed out father than the edge of the wheel, That was the absolute only thing wronge with that side of the quad!

anyways im not saying it could have been that or not, But his wreck ended up costing him a new clutch lever/break lever,throttel housing, front bumper,grab bar,handle bars, and soem stressed out plastic!!!!!!

Glad to hear your freind is doing good, Keep -r- on 4-wheels

Syrus
09-07-2004, 11:01 PM
So it was the 450r that got mangled ? Get some pics, i wanna see how its lookin :eek2:

SSracingNY
09-08-2004, 04:00 PM
yea it was the 450r that got beat up pretty good. ill get some pics 2marrow and post them for yas. i guess his parents were going to have him go see a doctor. like yesterday he said on the way back that he rememberd parts of the trail but not everything. then 2day he forgot about the trail and couldnt remember the ride home in the truck but remembered his dad *****ing. But his dad settled down and called me to see what happened. I think he realized his son coulda died:eek2: :(

WOracing
09-08-2004, 06:23 PM
yea everything is still kind of "fuzzy" but i hope i remember something soon because its pissing me off...let alone i have other crap going on and now i have to worry about the quad:mad:

WOracing
09-08-2004, 06:28 PM
also mike...about the pics, you better hurry up because after school tomorrow im stripping it down for new parts. and ill need one of your stands:p

lol
09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
get pics, feel better dude tht must have hurt:eek2:

Big400EX
09-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Get better man, I feel bad for you and the quad but you gotta learn from your mistakes and try not to run into them again in the future.

WOracing
09-08-2004, 06:59 PM
my dad says not to worry about it and we will get it fixed..already have new tires and rims coming we just need a new sub frame:( im so pissed i just wish i could remember soemthing...thanks for the sympathy guys. i know there have been alot of detahs lately concerning quads, im strictly mx now and im going to be a hell of alot more careful

SSracingNY
09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
my dad says not to worry about it and we will get it fixed..already have new tires and rims coming we just need a new sub frame:( im so pissed i just wish i could remember soemthing...thanks for the sympathy guys. i know there have been alot of detahs lately concerning quads, im strictly mx now and im going to be a hell of alot more careful

MX on 2 wheels. convince your dad that you want that 85. stick to your plan like you told me and jp in lunch;)

WOracing
09-08-2004, 07:36 PM
why would i do that...i thought you were getting a 450r

NYorkrider
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
yo kevin that sucks that u gotta pay for the parts, I want to see some pics dam I was jus there like 4 days before it and that quad was mint. Try to remember what happened cuz I have no clue how you couldov flipped it

SSracingNY
09-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by WOracing
why would i do that...i thought you were getting a 450r

cuz you said you wanted a bike. no if anthony buys that 98, we're gunna basically rebuild the whole thing and im getting that. then racing next season cuz theres like no places to ride. but instead im buying one of the new Firecat sno pros

WOracing
09-09-2004, 11:24 AM
OK then, anywho i just got home...we bought new bars and grips, were going to try and bend the subframe back but if we cant then its another 200 dollars i dont have. good thing is my rims are coming tomorrow so ill have my new tires/rims to put on it. we still need a new rear grab bar, rear light and im going for plastics when i get the money.

NYorkrider
09-09-2004, 03:58 PM
lets see if this works, ssracingny would of done it but he can't get his photo thing to work

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/nyorkrider/65123820.jpg

WOracing
09-09-2004, 05:35 PM
we have the new bars on it now...im not a big fan of bending things back into place but thats what my dad is going to do with the subframe

09-10-2004, 06:14 AM
just thought u guys should know if somehting ever happens like that again,its not too damn smart to take their helmet off,removing someones helmet after a crash could be killing them right there,wait until they can get up and take it off themselves

Mxjunkie
09-10-2004, 10:28 AM
god kevin, i go crash and break my wrist and get a concussion and u go and crash lol, get well soon and heal up before u go and ride :macho

Scott-300ex
09-10-2004, 11:08 AM
hey NYorkrider, im guessin you have a 1999 YAMAHA YZ125 because it says 1999 YAMAHA YZ15

NYorkrider
09-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
hey NYorkrider, im guessin you have a 1999 YAMAHA YZ125 because it says 1999 YAMAHA YZ15

what?? I just bought a 98 too and me and ssracingny are gonna start taken it apart tommorow and then once its fixed I think I'm gonna trade him for his blaster

WOracing
09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
good trade...

anywho my rims came today and they look sick, we just ordered a new rear grab bar from ac (got the wide one) and nerf bars. now all we gotta do is bend the sub frame back and im set. maybe ill have someone post pics for me so you guys can see a before/after pic:)

WOracing
09-22-2004, 08:44 PM
450rs coming along nice:devil: will have pics soon