PDA

View Full Version : cant understand

ny400
09-07-2004, 06:46 PM
i just my 04 400ex brand new 2 weeks ago, i broke it in right and i ve been ridin for a while so like the 13 hour i started to to wheelies and stunts on my quad, the next day after ridin for 2 hours i rode on the streets and the engine was tickin...not like when i is off and it ticks, when i was ridin a tick in the engine the engine ticked and no only when its really warm it tics the engine ...it neva happend when i first got it what s the prob..could there be a pocket of air in the oil line from wheelies and stuff i dunno:confused:

Pappy
09-07-2004, 06:51 PM
you are hearing your valves do the valve dance. sounds like you need to buy a manual and do the first valve adjustment...no more ticky:p

250EXking
09-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you are hearing your valves do the valve dance. sounds like you need to buy a manual and do the first valve adjustment...no more ticky:p

yeap, i just got mine broke in and i have to do the same, get them valves to specs and no more sounds

09-07-2004, 08:12 PM
and its normal for this to happen after break in also & it prob. wont happen again for a long time after you fix it this time..just if you were wonderign if this was gonna be a on going prroblem b/c it wont be.

bigbadktm
09-08-2004, 09:29 PM
havent broekn my wifes in enough to get that, but now i know what to expect. i was wondering if i would know when to adjust.

boystoys
09-11-2004, 07:56 AM
i just got mine last night and i am also getting that lound ticking, i am hopping from the vavles... i rode it pretty easy for about 1 hour, the i would let it cool for 20 minutes or so then rid it again for an hour... let it cool.. so on aond so on... by the ned of the night i was ridding it kind of hard... not full throttle though... anyway i stated hearing that ticking by the end of the night! does that sound right?

oh and Hello everyone.... im a newbie to this site....:D