PDA

View Full Version : Shorten exhaust

tprender
04-08-2002, 05:54 PM
I have a white Brothers E-series on my 440 and I would like to cut about 1 inch of the silincer body off. Does anybody know if this will my performance by doing this. The reason for this is that I have a special rear grab bar that I made that comes down from the stock bar about 4 in and it hits the back of the exhaust now. If you have done this no a 4-st let me know what to expect. I know that it will change the power on a 2-stroke.

Honda Guy
04-08-2002, 06:23 PM
if you have a shorter grab bar what are you gonna do if you go far on a wheelie?

tprender
04-08-2002, 07:40 PM
If you look at most of the after market exhaust they come almost back even with the grab bar. the stock one stops about 3 in before that. Also, wheelies don't do anything for me. I am a racer not a show off. If your wheel are off the ground for to long you are going slow.

Matt Fisher
04-08-2002, 08:52 PM
In theory, you should trade a little low-end for some additional top-end. More likely it won't make any real power difference. It should be louder if the silencer is smaller, though.

Are you running the slip-on or the pro-meg?

tprender
04-09-2002, 08:19 AM
I have the slip on. When I race I remove the discs and endcap, when play riding because of noise I have to put the disc and endcap back on. What I made was a grab bar that hangs down from the back that about 3 in to help whe you try an left the rear end up to get more leverage. It looks like it would be no problem to shorten the slip on and reattach the end piece

Matt Fisher
04-09-2002, 09:30 PM
I believe the disk's are supposed to have a scavenging effect, you might just find that running more than 12 disks results in more power than none.