09-07-2004, 02:42 PM
im thinkin of byuing a trx
butt i was wondering what kind of mods they have
to compete with my bros yfz450 hes got a cam mod
hgc pipe & header filtered & jets very very quick is there
enough stuff to keep up. i have not heard alot about these bikes
and i dont wanna buy the same thing

09-07-2004, 03:24 PM
if you do same mods to the 450r you will have a more reliable ATV (HONDA) that will keep up with the YFZ...unless riders have a different skill level

RICKN
09-07-2004, 03:57 PM
were both about the same riding level
just dont want the same bike but idont
want my doors blown off

FatBoy Racing
09-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Similar mods on the 450 should get you there no problem . . . if he's your brother, you have access to his ride all the time, so consider a small handful of BB's in his gas tank just that extra bit of insurance ;)

RICKN
09-07-2004, 05:30 PM
BBs classic or just shoot the hell out him with the paint gun

FatBoy Racing
09-07-2004, 05:37 PM
couple paint balls in the gas tank should take care of business just fine also :devil:

RICKN
09-07-2004, 05:48 PM
i see honda makes a cam mod
does any one know how much
more it will wake it up
also is this the same motor out
of the bike like a yfz
i heard somthing about a head
you can by also

09-07-2004, 05:53 PM
this is the same "motor" out of the bike except the bike motor is a CRF & this is a TRX....there are also alot of differences as honda chose to be reliable aboutt his engine & add a piston ring I believe and some more doodads...some say they went overboard with reliability causing the crank to be heavier or somehting....the HRC cam will waken the quad up alot but make it more difficult to start out as it is a midrange-topend cam I believe...there are other cams you can buy though

FatBoy Racing
09-07-2004, 06:04 PM
I have not noticed it being any harder to start after having done the cam, but I'm a big guy anyways, one of you 'chicken-wings' might be able to perceive more of a difference though.

As far as differences in the bike vs. the quad motor, the quad has another piston ring that is not present in the bike, and from what I hear, the bike burns something like 40cc of oil every ride, where the quad does not. The cams different of course and I understand the bottom end has some differences as well for reliability and 'taking abuse', but I'm no guru here, just recalling what BS falls off the brain pan for the time being.

Have fun!

noslo_1
09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I'll tell ya right now that the yfz's arn't as fast as people think they are. My buddy has a TRX with a full LRD pipe and an HRC kit and he's beat every yfz I've seen him race and he's race a ton of them with pipe's. The honda is just faster but you have to open it up a little with the HRC kit.