PDA

View Full Version : GBC Dirt Devil Tires

04-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Any one out there running the GBC Dirt Devils. I ride mostly hardpack and rocky terrain and some mud. The stock tires get holes in the sidewalls all the time on me. Plus they wear out to quickly. I have to ride some roads to get to the trails.
When I get new tires I plan on getting 22-11-9's to get a little more ground clearance and drop to a 14T front sprocket.

Stunz
04-08-2002, 06:26 PM
I just rode with three guys that had 22-8x10 Dirt Devils on the front.

They all loved them. Very durable, compaired to stock.

04-12-2002, 03:22 PM
I just thought of a second question any one out there running a 22 inch rear tire with ac-propegs with the heal gaurd on. Will these clear or would I have to take the heal guard off. thanks

CranMan
04-12-2002, 07:58 PM
I have run 22x11x9 Dirt devils on my 400 for almost a year, then switched back to a set of stock wheels. Man what a difference without those heavy wheels, now I dread putting them back on for mudding. They're good tires, wear well, and they're tough, but they weigh a ton. I'd look for a 4-ply tire if I could do it over again....

04-13-2002, 08:51 AM
Yeh I know that they are heavy tires but there are so many sharp rocks around here that at speed your bound to clip one here and there. The stock 2 ply tires just cannot take it without getting holes. I would like to run a lighter tire like a razr but every one that has these that I ride with burn them up in a matter of like 3 months.

Stunz
04-16-2002, 05:53 AM
The 22" GATOR is a pretty light tire for a mud tire.

Cheak out: www.treadepot.com they show the weights and sizes of differant tires.