PDA

View Full Version : uh oh

Alberta_Qaudin
09-07-2004, 08:20 AM
k so after having problems with my bike running, me and a friend decided it was time for some overhauling first thing noticed....air filter isnt on all the way...UH OH.....seeings how we were running through mud up to and over the seat....so we keep tearing pull the carb and there's dirst inside the engine....so any takers on a good way to clean this out or flush my engine with out doing anymore damage then might already be done...i was run while bogging out for around 30 mins trying to get out of the trail...it was stalling out and had to be kept at high rev's

cals400ex
09-07-2004, 12:16 PM
change the oil numerous times and take the whole carb apart along with removing all the jets and clean the heck out of it.

Alberta_Qaudin
09-07-2004, 01:20 PM
so what about the dirt and S*** that got in past the carb....should i be tearing down farther and cleaning out the engine as much as possible

cals400ex
09-07-2004, 10:15 PM
how much dirt actually got into the engine??

some people do kerosene flushes but i wouldn't unless a lot got into the engine.

FatBoy Racing
09-08-2004, 04:48 AM
my motor came apart recently and I used diesel to flush out all the pieces, seemed to work pretty well.

Alberta_Qaudin
09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
not sure exactly how much got into the engine...havent gotten that far on the tear down yet...but you can see dirt and mud stuck to the inner walls of the intakes in the engine

cals400ex
09-08-2004, 11:59 PM
i would probably take off the side case covers and flush the heck out of it with kerosene or diesel fuel in you can see that much in there.