PDA

View Full Version : Temp Light!!

gizmocor
09-07-2004, 05:48 AM
Has anyone had there temperature light come on more than normal??? I also usually have the fan kick on on the starting line of a race. I am getting concerned about it...... I have spoke with a few that have had this problem and don't exactly know what to do about it. My temp light is on 80% of a 1 1/2 race. I have done the test on the sensor, and it is apparently working properly so I guess the machine is just running that hot. The jetting seems to be real close cause the machine runs and pulls awesome. If I richen it it starts breaking up and getting sluggish. Anyone got any suggestions????

250exen
09-07-2004, 01:39 PM
umm, rip it out and dont worry about it? haha, im pretty sure thats what everone else does. if it runs fine, dont worry bout it.

2ltrmirage
09-07-2004, 04:26 PM
mine was comming on like crazy and i knew i wasnt running hot. i checked everything and could never figure it out, it was drivind me crazy. then after about a month it stopped doing it and hasnt came on agian yet. no clue what it was.

jlhughes750
09-08-2004, 11:55 AM
I statred using Evans coolant and it has really helped alot.

remember lean is mean, and mean is usually hot....keep making it rich until it runs cooler. u may loose a lil power, but it will help in the long run. find a place where u can make consistant laps. then run hard till the light comes on. go to the pits, richen it, let it cool. then start doing more laps, see if u make it longer this time with out the light coming on???

I believe evans cooling systems has a dotcom, not sure of it though..Its a great product, there are more than a few Pro GNCCers that are using it!!they think its a big secret though!!

waterwetter and liquid ice don't do a whole lot in my opinion. Evans is a 100% waterless competition coolant, u need to really flush the bike out good and make sure there are no contaminants.

foutrax42
09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I live in arizona and it never comes on. Im using 20-50 oil, and autozone coolant. (and it is connected):D

2ltrmirage
09-13-2004, 08:14 PM
well mine has been out for over a month now, and today it came back on.

its on 100% of the time now, even when you first start it up, so i know its not due to running hot.

anyone have a real cause or fix for this?