PDA

View Full Version : i have no where to ride :(:(:(

blasteracer07
09-06-2004, 09:58 PM
i live in carterville IL 62918 and there is no where to ride there is this atv place u can ride but its lke 30-50 min away i have to truck or trailer no nothngi just a blasty siting under a tarp:(:( i love to ride but i cant there is this plasce like 1 min down the road from me called burr woods people ride there but i dont have a way of getting there :(:(:(

TheFontMaster
09-06-2004, 10:03 PM
If theres a place one muinute down the road why don't you just ride there? I doubt peole there are so uptight that you can't even ride a mile on the road just to get to a trail.

blasteracer07
09-06-2004, 10:06 PM
what if a cop sees me then i would be in trouble

250exen
09-07-2004, 02:22 PM
if you wanna ride that bad, you gotta take a chance. its only what, a 2 minute ride? heack, i ride about 2 miles away and havent had any runins, (knock on wood) and i do it alot!

If a cop comes and you got no where to go, just stop and be cool about it. they usually will just tell you to keep off the road, and maybe give you a warning. just dont be a loser about it and respect him. also, make sure your not wfo riding down the street. and be sure your not buggin the neighbors

theTman
09-07-2004, 02:26 PM
just go on the side of the road...unless it is ppl lawns

blasteracer07
09-07-2004, 02:47 PM
yeah they are some lawns there is ths this back way i could go threw our park no 1 is ever there
lol we have like 4 parks um i could prolly get a way with but i have to cross the main road threw my town to get to it but maybe i could lol its a small town and i no like almost all the cops caz there my friends dads so maybe

JRDrider22
09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
dude put it this way.. a cop behind you split off and go as fast into the wods where ur trail is. he isnt going to follow you. dont be scared...we ride in our main street when im ridin d-bikes at a friends

TheFontMaster
09-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Even though it's not the smartest thing to do it is easy to out run cops once you get to a trail. Not that I know anything about running from cops:rolleyes: But if you are going slowly on the shoulder of the road, then you should be fine.

markk
09-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by blasteracer07
what if a cop sees me then i would be in trouble

:huh :huh :huh

This shouldnt be on exriders, But man when we go riding in our area, We always have to at least go down a few miles of roads to hit any amount of trails, And i know at least 2 cases that we have ran into cops, And one time we had no problem, and the 2nd time the idot cop tried to catch 5 4-wheelers, And some cops just dont understand that u cant catch a 4 wheeler threw a ditch!

Just put down the side of the road in the grass or gravel, And just dont mess around u shouldnt have a problem, If u dont have a way to get your 4-wheeler around, your pretty well screwed unless u have alot of your own ground!

just my 2-cents

JRDrider22
09-08-2004, 04:19 PM
also whats the chances of a cop coming as soon as you leave...if its a 2 minute ride ..thats is both a long time and short. but its a phat chance you'll be there at the same time as a cop. also if you ridin on the side and he comes up to you pretend like its ur land just ride causuall and dont look at him

boystoys
09-12-2004, 02:33 AM
i would just bee cool with the cop... really you think he would impound your quad...

as for you guys that ride on the street... how does that wear on your tires?

400ex28
09-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Even though it's not the smartest thing to do it is easy to out run cops once you get to a trail. Not that I know anything about running from cops:rolleyes: But if you are going slowly on the shoulder of the road, then you should be fine.

quadman22
09-12-2004, 01:27 PM
is there any woods or anything behind the houses? if so you can put a trail in from your house to the trails... thats what i did even tho i still take the road now:p

TheFontMaster
09-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by boystoys
as for you guys that ride on the street... how does that wear on your tires?

For me wear aint bad. And usualy whenever I go riding I have to be on the road atlest 5-10 miles. Softer tires wear faster I'm told. I think the razr2's have good wear on the road.