PDA

View Full Version : just putting a hrc kit end cap on need to jet?

Xowner
09-06-2004, 07:50 PM
just got a new 450R and got the hrc kit end cap will i need to rejet with this? or not? this bike is all stock with only 2-3 hours on it i just got the cap and plan on leaving my air box stock so do i need to re jet?

well i put it on it started fine and such just when i rev it it smokes like a little black smoke do i need to jet it? or could it be taken care of with the air fuel screw ? it reved good and didnt spudder or anything

hondarider2006
09-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't think you should have to....all that cap is doing is replacing the spark arrestor. Doubt you will notice any power gains also:o

660r2a400ex
09-06-2004, 11:14 PM
well u rpolly aint going to have to...but u should get more air flow out ur bike, u may want to take off ur air box cover also....u cant just do it half way if u push more air out then what ur bike can bring in it aint gonna do no good. and if u mess with ur air to fuel mixture ur going to have to change jets, i would change ur jets other wise theres no point b/c it means it had no effect . just my opininon, try it. my friend wants that also i told him its worth tryin so go for it.

but one thing, i have a 400ex i had to do everything in my will to make it as fast as the 450s and the piped raptors and zs...but a stock 450 is so fast, why change it, just drive it harder man, dont mess up a nice machine, i guess i just like a stock bike, its up too you, i'd say dont fix what aint broke !

Xowner
09-07-2004, 04:25 AM
only thing im trying to change is the sound and maybe a little more bottom end. yah i know stock 450's was scary fast after jumping of a tired 400ex !

Xowner
09-10-2004, 01:34 PM
well i put it on it started fine and such just when i rev it it smokes like a little black smoke do i need to jet it? or could it be taken care of with the air fuel screw ? it reved good and didnt spudder or anything

hondarider2006
09-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Ride and and see how it runs. Just sitting there revving doesn't tell you enough. It should be fine how it is though.

Xowner
09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
dont want to admit this but the choke was on and was choking it so oh well flase alarm its all good now!:cool: