PDA

View Full Version : damn kfx

dpizz450
09-06-2004, 07:36 PM
well to start off with i finally get my kfx back from 4 months of sittin in my garage and a month sittin in the shop (a guy that lives less then a mile away from my house). had to get a new timin chain in it. i got it back this past saturday mornin and as soon as me and my cousin get into the trails.....what do u kno my chain pops off. he had told me i needed a new chain but it would last for saturday. well my cousin towed me back home and we fixed it and i ordered a new chain. well this mornin i changed my oil and went off to go ridin. i had'nt even got out of 2nd gear yet and im goin down the road doin about 10 mph and it cuts off. i try to start it and it wont start. i look down and my radior is busted and leakin water. so i brought it back to the guys house for him to get everything fixed on it. :mad: won't be ridin it for atleast another week or two. :cuss: :cuss:

TGW_400ex
09-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
well to start off with i finally get my kfx back from 4 months of sittin in my garage and a month sittin in the shop (a guy that lives less then a mile away from my house). had to get a new timin chain in it. i got it back this past saturday mornin and as soon as me and my cousin get into the trails.....what do u kno my chain pops off. he had told me i needed a new chain but it would last for saturday. well my cousin towed me back home and we fixed it and i ordered a new chain. well this mornin i changed my oil and went off to go ridin. i had'nt even got out of 2nd gear yet and im goin down the road doin about 10 mph and it cuts off. i try to start it and it wont start. i look down and my radior is busted and leakin water. so i brought it back to the guys house for him to get everything fixed on it. :mad: won't be ridin it for atleast another week or two. :cuss: :cuss:

dude why did you tow it back if ur chain poped?

tp300ex
09-06-2004, 07:50 PM
yea i had to towe him a lot..lol...he wasnt the happest person when the chain came off..hope it gits fixed fast i lost my best riden partner:mad:

dpizz450
09-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
dude why did you tow it back if ur chain poped?

call me retarded but.........it got tangled up on the front sprocket. i didnt no it had popped off and i kept tryin to go i thought i was jus stuck in a whole or summin. when i kept pressin the gas it made it tangled up in the front. u can call me retarded for this but it sat at my cousins house for a couple hours and then he comes out there and goes why don't we put it in reverse and make it come untangled.....and yeah it worked.......yeah were dumbasses lol

derekhonda
09-06-2004, 07:59 PM
dont know why you are leaking coolant, but chains and things like that are what we call "preventable" hazards, you can prevent them, and its usually a betters day riding when you dont have to work on your quad mid ride

dpizz450
09-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
dont know why you are leaking coolant, but chains and things like that are what we call "preventable" hazards, you can prevent them, and its usually a betters day riding when you dont have to work on your quad mid ride

ok i didn't ask for your smart *** input. if ur gunna post a smartass comment then get the f*ck outta my thread :mad:

09-06-2004, 08:17 PM
dude when ur chain raps around ur front sprocket wouldn't u put it in reverse....and u dont need a new chain it just needs ot be ajusted correctly...and take alink or something out

I-7
09-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Your pretty lucky in my opinion... can't people crack their cases that way?

quadracer511
09-06-2004, 08:24 PM
paul yea u put it in reverse thas wut we did on urs when it happend member? all i gotta say is HONDA!!:devil:

09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
Your pretty lucky in my opinion... can't people crack their cases that way? if theres no casesaver...i havent seen one crack with a case saver on

Brad
09-06-2004, 08:26 PM

yah, if you dont have a case saver, i think kfx's have em stock tho

kwatts400
09-06-2004, 08:28 PM

Yep, it happened to me on my first quad.

tp300ex
09-07-2004, 04:24 PM
well it turned out it wasnt the radiator. i got it back today. i had water in my carb. gotta new chain and everything. runnin fine now. anyways no more water ridin for me

lol
09-07-2004, 04:48 PM
tht last post confused me......

Toadz400
09-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by lol
tht last post confused me......

That confused the hell out of me too...didn't you say your radiator busted open and coolent was pouring out? Now it just turns out your carb had some water in it? Man KFX's are F'ed up if that happens!!

09-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Man KFX's are F'ed up if that happens!! you should see a polaris :blah:

derekhonda
09-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
ok i didn't ask for your smart *** input. if ur gunna post a smartass comment then get the f*ck outta my thread :mad:

ha, ok, have fun pushing your pos back to the trailer.

And by the way, my first thread wasnt trying to be a smart ***, but this one sure is. See ya on the trails...as your sitting off on the side broken down...

ReconRider25
09-07-2004, 06:54 PM
i know this is a lil off topic but ive seen 3 shifters fall off when riding. one was on a z and 2 were on kfx's. did urs fall off yet?:p

dpizz450
09-07-2004, 07:19 PM
no i meant i saw a liquid that it LOOKED like it was comin from the radiator and they had coolant drippin on the tube. that was the first thing i saw and i thought that was it. and derekhonda i really could give two ****s less what you say. arguing over the internet is jus like winning the special olympics, no matter if u win or not ur still retarded. and im sure you'll find something wrong with my grammar and try to call me retarded or something but o well

derekhonda
09-07-2004, 07:30 PM
I really didnt have a problem with you until you decided to be a little ****. I was trying to offer you some help, ever heard the quote "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?" If you would have just bit the bullet and bought your chain ahead of time (since you knew you needed one) you would have had a fun day of riding instead of a ****ty day cause your chain broke. I know you being 15 makes you thin you know everything, and im not much older than you but i once felt that way, maybe if you just open up your ears a little and take in what people have to say and not open your mouth so much you will learn a lot more....

dpizz450
09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
lol some people. by the way i did not know ahead of time. it had not been ridden in 4 months. the guy told me it would last for a days ride. therefore i did not know ahead of time.

acold7dusta
09-08-2004, 02:58 PM
pwow.

TGW_400ex
09-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
i know this is a lil off topic but ive seen 3 shifters fall off when riding. one was on a z and 2 were on kfx's. did urs fall off yet?:p

hahaha i saw a z do that too