PDA

View Full Version : Do Kenda Klaws hook up better backwards?

LaSalleKid
09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Instead of putting them on there where they look like a regular " V " ...turning them to where they look like this -----> /\ ...Ive seen alot of people doing this... would it be better for my dirt drag racing YFZ ? Thanks..

09-06-2004, 03:35 PM
my guess would be that with the /\ you could slide alot better

wheeltrax
09-06-2004, 06:30 PM
they are reversible for hard and soft pack. I have them set on the soft pack because i mainly ride in loose dirt/sand. It made a HUGE difference in the way they grabbed compared to the hard pack way. Try it.

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 12:30 AM
So........... ^ pattern is better than this V pattern for TRaction??? Just making sure... We were wondering what owul happen if the pattern was reversed.....:)

cals400ex
09-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So........... ^ pattern is better than this V pattern for TRaction??? Just making sure... We were wondering what owul happen if the pattern was reversed.....:)

i think it says on the side of the tire. if you ride in somewhat dry areas, i would put the tires on that way. i don't know the exact ways they go off the top of my head, but like i said, i think it says on the side of the tires.

Flynbryan19
09-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i think it says on the side of the tire. if you ride in somewhat dry areas, i would put the tires on that way. i don't know the exact ways they go off the top of my head, but like i said, i think it says on the side of the tires.

Cal is correct. I just got mine in today, and they have it written on the side which way to put it. If ^ is the direction that the tire will be rolling ^ is the hard pack direction, and v is the soft terrain direction. Seeing that down here all I ever really see is hard pack red clay I'll be running mine mostly in the ^ direction. Should have them on tomarrow.(I hope)

03EX
09-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Ive run mine both directions and my sugestion is to run them backwards in the soft direction they work great that way" mud, rocks,silt, hard dirt"the only diff in the hard surface dir is you cant slide as well and in the mud they clean better but I think all around run them in soft!

j m o

Paul400ex2002
09-07-2004, 06:49 PM
we've found that they hook up better backwards on hardpack once they're about half way worn down.

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 11:48 PM
thanks for clearing that up!!