PDA

View Full Version : XC/GP races in WA/OR, a series too!

AndreS
09-06-2004, 01:45 PM
New OMRA ATV XC/GP Series
Yes, we will finally have an ATV XC/GP series in the Pacific Northwest. For the Fall of 2004 we will have a Mini/ Test/ Warm-up Series. For 2005 we will have a full season consisting of 10-12 Races.

Fall 2003 races:
Grand Prix - September 12, 2004  Goldendale Eddieville Track 
Sign-in at 7AM  Racing at 8AM - www.overthebarsgang.com
3-4 laps  Approx. 6 mile loop

Tentative  Decision on September 13th .
Grand Prix - September 26, 2004  Goldendale Starvation Ridge 

Grand Prix  November 14, 2004  Goldendale Eddieville Track 
3-4 laps  Approx. 6 mile loop

classes: Pro, Expert, Amature, beginner/novice, Women, Utility, Youth.

for more info: http://www.omra-online.org/ATV.htm

pass the word on to as many ATV riders & racers as you can!

Natertot426ex
09-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I talked to a guy this weekend that said there is a oregon washington desert series next year. Is this the same one he may have been talking about? Maybe I will try to make a few of them if it is.

AndreS
09-07-2004, 02:50 AM
i believe it is the same series.

some of the tracks for the series are desert terrain- Horn Rapids ORV park(richland, WA), eddieville & starvation ridge(goldendale, WA) are all this way.
other venues may include washougal, WA, longview, WA, Hepner, OR, & more.... it will include a good variety of terrain.
in GP races the couses will generally be shorter loops, 6-10 miles, and races will last about 60-90 minutes. the series may also include some XC races, omra defines a XC race as having a longer loop, 20-40 miles. a race at Hepner, OR would follow this format, because the area's size allows for such an event.

also, WORCS races in WA & OR would be part of this series, likely counting double points, but not all classes will qualify.

dirtmomma
09-07-2004, 07:37 AM
COOL I would like to try one of these out do you have to have an AMA/ATVA membership??

AndreS
09-07-2004, 01:02 PM
the series requires an OMRA membership to track points & get series trophies. OMRA membership is only $10 for 2004, but 2005 will be $15. the race fee is $5 more for non-OMRA members. some 2005 races are AMA/ATVA sanctioned & will require a card... i'm not sure which ones yet.

daddio
09-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
COOL I would like to try one of these out do you have to have an AMA/ATVA membership??

dirtmomma.............. why don't you go to the All ATV worcs race at payette, sept 17-19 ? there will be classes for the whole family.

dirtmomma
09-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by daddio
dirtmomma.............. why don't you go to the All ATV worcs race at payette, sept 17-19 ? there will be classes for the whole family.

I wish, but that won't happen too much $$ for us :( gotta save the sponsor $$ for Monroe ;)
but have fun & tell Reed GOOD LUCK & go kick some butt :):)