PDA

View Full Version : changes

SSracingNY
09-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Im sure this has already been posted and im about to leave so i cant run a search but what changes have been done to the 05 YFZ's? Dad said said hes going to cosign for a loan and whatnot for a new 450 but havent really decided which one to get. My friend has an 04 and his swing arm cracked, had some electrical problem which drained the battery. I know they softened the seat a little? and My friend kinda complained about the front shocks but that was about it. He also said he beat a CRF450R heavely modded quad.(drag). Opinions, suggestions, what they change? Thanks

Quad18star
09-06-2004, 01:53 PM
From what Ive been told .... noticable differences are ... Softer seat with gripper cover , aluminum shifter and foot brake levers . Color (lol) . Not certain if yamaha has fixed the electrical problems or the swingarm problem .... only time will tell on those issues . I know I'm forgetting another thing but can't seem to think of what it is .

Got nads?
09-06-2004, 02:59 PM
they also get different valving for the front shocks.

SSracingNY
09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Well im a hard rider but i dont think im that hard that I would crack the swing arm. But anywho, do you guys like the foot peg placement? i think its back a little too far but its been a few weeks so i cant remember. Im going back up to the dealership 2marrow cuz i need some stuff so im going to get some info on them and really check them out. Compare it to the TRX b/c they have 1 there also:) so yea. Any feedback on these machines is appriciated. Thanks guys/gals

Quad18star
09-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't mind the stock peg location and I think my AC Pro Pegs are almost in the same location . Only thing I don't like is how low the handle bars are . Could definetly use a +1" steerign stem and CR High bend bars .... it's my next investment ( after a pipe of course)

cdalexct
09-06-2004, 07:19 PM
They changed the head to no more decompression plug

shep
09-13-2004, 06:02 PM
I have a +1 stem GPR undermount stabilizer with CR High pro-tapers. I have lowered my foot pegs 1 inch and back 1 inch, and I love it. i'm also 6' tall.:cool: