PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Yamaha...

04-08-2002, 02:59 PM
I must confess, i just bought a 95 Warrior, got a heckuva deal on it too (which is why i bought it). But it has a DG pipe on it which i cant stand, does anyone have a reccomendation for a good pipe for a Warrior for mainly the best performance for the money? I would like a new head pipe too but cant spend a lot on it. But i dont want a piece of junk like i have know. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.- I already posed this question over at Bluetraxx, and they frankly seem as though they no idea about anything just this is better or that is because thats what they heard. I would like knowledgable opinions. Thanks

400exJOE
04-08-2002, 03:18 PM
a white bros or fmf or supertrapp or pro circuit would be good. Congrats on the new bike. Hope you're happy with it.:)

01_300ex
04-08-2002, 03:28 PM
i would get a pro-circuit, because thats what i have and it gave me a good bottom to mid-range gain in power.

MadcapEX
04-08-2002, 06:16 PM
I had FMFs on my banshee,looked good,awesome power.

CBW
04-08-2002, 06:28 PM
one to many wacks with the hammer??,,,,(you know like in your advatar),,,,,,,,J/K,,,,,,,congrats on the new ride.

DEAL
04-08-2002, 06:28 PM
hmmm you bought a yamaha ... is that why your hitting yourself in the head? lol j/k :devil :D
Buy a t-4 i hear they're awesome pipes.
Or a Yoshi.

RideRed04
04-08-2002, 08:36 PM
T-4's are very loud, but add a lot of bottom end (on the 400ex i rode with one anywho). I mean they are annoyingly, have-a-headache-at-the-end-of-the-day loud. I suggest a yoshi or a wb, but more yoshi.

CBW
04-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
T-4's are very loud, but add a lot of bottom end (on the 400ex i rode with one anywho). I mean they are annoyingly, have-a-headache-at-the-end-of-the-day loud. I suggest a yoshi or a wb, but more yoshi.

i like the sound of my t4......did the one you rode need repacking?

04-09-2002, 07:42 AM
Chris, what bike have you got your T-4 on?? Did you notice any kind of power gain? And no thats not why im hitting myself in the head. Right now my warrior has a DG pipe on it, and it is LOUD but it doesnt add anything, i mean its just a waste. And the T-4 seemed to be about the least expensive pipe that actually added power. But if anyone has a better suggestion for an inexpensive pipe that makes more power, im all ears.

RideRed04
04-09-2002, 02:20 PM
It was a brand new pipe on a 2002 400ex. I thought it was way too loud, and that has been backed up by people with readings of 100+ db. It had a nice sound, but after a while, it gave me a headache.

trx400ex
04-10-2002, 09:17 AM
try an lrd pipe, that should give you an icrease over the dg

DTRAIN
04-10-2002, 09:31 AM
I just had a T-4 put on my 250x yesterday and I also had it jetted and removed the airbox lid. I could only ride it around the parking lot at the shop but I was happy with the power/throttle response I felt, but I only had it in first and second gear b/c its a small parking lot. I am going riding tonight so I should be able to give a better opinion tomorrow.

*FoX*KiD*
04-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Hey DTRAIN when you jetted your 250 did you sjut replace the needles or did u buy a jet kit it you bought one which one did u buy.

DTRAIN
04-11-2002, 06:13 AM
I just changed the main jet. It was a 118 and I went up to a 120. I took a long ride yesterday and I think I am going to bump up the pilot jet also. The needle is for 1/4 throttle to 3/4 throttle. I did not change mine. And That part of the throttlle felt real strong. I had my local shop put in a new main jet. Now I am going to go back and have them put it a pilot jet. Both jets probably cost $6. or $8 bucks for the two of them. Though my local shop did it for nothing. I don't see the need to buy all those extra jets if you only need one or two. For me it is just not worth the money.
Remember this: idle to 1/4 throttle = pilot jet
; 1/4 to 3/4 throttle = needle
; 3/4 throttle to wide open throttle = main jet
If one of these positions seems weak or bogs down than that is what you change. It is pretty much a trial and error process.