PDA

View Full Version : Illinois- Byron Motorsports

dirtriderex
09-06-2004, 12:08 PM
I'ev been hearing for a year now that Byron is opening a ATV only track. It says on the web site it is now open for practice, is there anyone that can confirm this. If so what is the track like?

Fred55
09-06-2004, 01:42 PM
The past times Ive been there I havent been able to see it, but talking to others they said it was a really tight and technical track...and I dont think many quads really liked it compared to the original track....

09-06-2004, 09:18 PM
I have seen it, and rode it. I only did 2 laps because it technically was not open. It is nice they are doing it, but it is small, kind of technical and nothing like the dirtbike track. Not really any huge jumps. I personally did not like it, but that was just rolling it. If I went back to ride it hard I may like it. First impression was not good.

Everyone should just go and make there own judgement.

But yea, its true and its about open if it is not all ready.

Jen696
09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Yep It is open for practice. It is definitely more stadium style. Personally I don't care for the layout, and the dirt on it just sucks. Rock hard with no loose dirt, very tight with jumps right into and out of corners. I'm kinda pissed that we're gonna be kicked off the original track. I think the new track should be for 50's and small bikes and leave the big track for big bikes and quads.

They are finishing up the watering system and I've heard they are doing bungee style gates (which suck)

just my 2 cents
Jennifer Blauw #696

09-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Jen696
Yep It is open for practice. It is definitely more stadium style. Personally I don't care for the layout, and the dirt on it just sucks. Rock hard with no loose dirt, very tight with jumps right into and out of corners. I'm kinda pissed that we're gonna be kicked off the original track. I think the new track should be for 50's and small bikes and leave the big track for big bikes and quads.

They are finishing up the watering system and I've heard they are doing bungee style gates (which suck)

just my 2 cents
Jennifer Blauw #696

We are getting kicked off the big track? That just flat out sucks.

O well, just another excuse to continue to go to Sunset. They treat the quads good there and we get a good track and our own race day. Have you still been racing a lot Jennifer? I have not seen you at the races in a while.

dirtriderex
09-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Do they think quads are not as fast or something. I hope it is better that what I hear. What a big dissapointment:grr:

SCOOTER99
09-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't like the track either. I have rode it three times so far and they really don't have it setup very well. The jumps coming out of the corner suck, on top of that there is no traction either. Then there is the jumps that land you into the turns.LOL. Anyways where is "Sunset"? I am in Chicago

dirtriderex
09-08-2004, 09:50 PM
It's in Walnut IL. Heres the website www.sunsetridge.com

09-08-2004, 09:58 PM
AWESOME quad track. I can not say enough good things about the track and owner. Treats us Quad riders VERY well.

Dirt was close,

The website is www.sunsetridgemx.com

Dirtrider, are you thinking of switching over to MX? I thought you were an XC racer? Or you just like some MX every once in and a while.

SCOOTER99
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys I will probably go sometime soon. I want to check out red bud in Michigan aswell.

dirtriderex
09-09-2004, 03:17 AM
I am a xc racer but I wanna try getting into the mx scene too. Only thing that sucks is you have to set up the quad differently for mx. Where should I go now for practice, is mendota open to open riding?

400exmom
09-09-2004, 04:39 AM
hey jenn~ i was at taylorville (southfork) for a harescramble and was told you broke your wrist??~ hope yer doin better~ i also heard you handed C class their *** in the 1st and 2nd moto~ broken wrist in all in the 2nd round~:eek2:

Jen696
09-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Hey Cron and Kim,
Yep I actually broke 2 bones in my hand, my right hand of course.(I'm right handed) I did race the 2nd moto after my crash, didn't KNOW it was broke but knew it hurt like HELL!! I still can't believe I managed to win that one.

I took 2 weeks off after that and started racing again the 3rd weekend but was still pretty sore to say the least.

I've been racing at Byron a lot, before I broke my hand I was leading their Nuke series points, but I missed one of the points races which was the weekend right after I broke my hand so there was just no way to make it. So I've been trying to regain my points lead. We just finished the 10 race series last weekend and I won the points for quad c by 1 point. Whew!!!

I'm looking forward to getting back out to Walnut and Mt. Carroll.
But I'm going back to Taylorville this weekend, hopefully I'll come home in 1 piece this time. ;0)

About Byron: Yep from what I hear and what the track owner told me. Once the quad track is completed, that will be the only track we will be able to ride on. Even for open practice. I'm not to happy about that.

Cron - hopefully I'll see ya around soon, and Kim - I would love ta meet you in person and ride.

Thanks, Jennifer Blauw #696

09-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I am a xc racer but I wanna try getting into the mx scene too. Only thing that sucks is you have to set up the quad differently for mx. Where should I go now for practice, is mendota open to open riding?

Dirt, Mendota does not allow any practice. It is an easy track though so no need to practice on it. They only hold races there. There is a race there Saturday night if you want to check it out. It is the last race of the season though. For MX practice DEFINETLY go to www.sunsetridgemx.com. It is an awesome track for beginners and experts. There next practice dates is the weekend of the 25 I believe, I am not sure. Mt. Carrol is another MX track, however I am not sure when they have practice dates. I have never rode there. Definetly check out Sunsetridge. Dirt, I used to be a strictly trail guy with only a little MX around my house, I did my first MX track and the end of last season and now am an MX racer. I love it.

Sorry to hear that Jen. Hope your hand heals quickly Congrats on winning the Nuke Series! I plan on racing Mount Carrol the 25. Maybe I will see you out there. Are you getting ready for the sled season yet? Why were you not out and Sunset on Monday? I about died when I pulled up and saw #55!