PDA

View Full Version : Steel City

I-7
09-05-2004, 07:52 PM
As usual, Carmichael and Stewart swept both motos but Mike Alessi got 3rd overall and McGrath wound up 20th overall because him, Chad Reed, and Mike Alessi were all involved in a first turn pile up.... :eek: . This kid Alessi is good, they just need to get his dad to keep his mouth shut... he is going back down to the 125 class for the 2005 AMA Motocross series so he will probably be the next big thing. Bad luck for McGrath however :(

SRH
09-05-2004, 08:00 PM
mcgrath got his point tho didnt he?

AtvMxRider
09-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
he is going back down to the 125 class for the 2005 AMA Motocross series

Yeah so he won't have to face Stewart.

I-7
09-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by SRH
mcgrath got his point tho didnt he?

yep :D

Guy400
09-06-2004, 05:53 AM
I was standing right there where the pile up happened during the 1st 250 Moto. I don't know who initially caused it but McGrath gets out of the gate in 5th place. He goes over this small jump and then all of a sudden there's about 10 bikes all piled up. Alessi gets out of it pretty quickly but MC got caught up for some time. I think Reed got the worst of it because he was pinned under his bike for most of it and he was the last one to get going and he just floundered around in the back of the pack for the rest of the moto.

Once McGrath got up he started charging and within just a lap or so he had passed about 5-6 guys. He disappears on the far side of the track and when the bikes come back out all of the riders he just passed were back out in front of him. So now he's got to try and pass them all again. He gets in front of these guys again and then as he's making a badly off-camber right hand turn before the finish line he washes the front end out and dumps the bike. They all pass him again. He goes a lap or two and is trying to pass these guys one by one but as he's going up a pretty steep hill topped by a double/single combo some out of control lapper veers in front of MC and nearly takes his front tire out. After this it looks like he either started to get tired and just gave up.

I left after the 1st 250 Moto because there was no way in hell I was going to fight the traffic getting out of there.

I-7
09-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I was standing right there where the pile up happened during the 1st 250 Moto. I don't know who initially caused it but McGrath gets out of the gate in 5th place. He goes over this small jump and then all of a sudden there's about 10 bikes all piled up. Alessi gets out of it pretty quickly but MC got caught up for some time. I think Reed got the worst of it because he was pinned under his bike for most of it and he was the last one to get going and he just floundered around in the back of the pack for the rest of the moto.

Once McGrath got up he started charging and within just a lap or so he had passed about 5-6 guys. He disappears on the far side of the track and when the bikes come back out all of the riders he just passed were back out in front of him. So now he's got to try and pass them all again. He gets in front of these guys again and then as he's making a badly off-camber right hand turn before the finish line he washes the front end out and dumps the bike. They all pass him again. He goes a lap or two and is trying to pass these guys one by one but as he's going up a pretty steep hill topped by a double/single combo some out of control lapper veers in front of MC and nearly takes his front tire out. After this it looks like he either started to get tired and just gave up.

I left after the 1st 250 Moto because there was no way in hell I was going to fight the traffic getting out of there.

Yeah at Unadilla we had to wait about an hour to get 1/4 mile to the gate... its crazy but worth it I guess.

K_Banger125
09-06-2004, 06:32 PM
halftime show was pretty sweet too...that renner was throwing some crazy *** whips...yah in the 2nd 250 moto magrath was in like 4th till about the 7th lap then i don't know if he wrecked or what but he was like in 20th then i think he just dropped outa the race...

Jeffksf
09-06-2004, 06:50 PM
I was there too, my first time at a National, had a good time, perfect weather. Had pretty good seats, got some good pictures.
I was impressed by how much RC and Stewart would be leading. They tell you on TV so many seconds infront but to actually see how much it is was impressive.
How bout Stewart runnin the 250F next week at Glen Helen? I bet he stomps everyone even worse then normal.

Steel City is a real nice layout, perfect for the fans and TV. The construction on Rt. 22 SUCKED!