PDA

View Full Version : STILL unsolvable, STILL ongoing problem

speedy400
09-05-2004, 07:18 PM
WELL, I fixed the Accel. Pump problem on my fcr, and it still runs lean (I think) at about 1/6th throttle, I tried another new plug, and tried fattening everything up again just to make sure, still running baddly.yippi-darren

Toadz400
09-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Damn dude, I'd say just say f' it to the carb and sell it. Go back to your stocker and have that bored out or something.

cals400ex
09-06-2004, 05:05 PM
i would honestly put the stock carb on and see that it runs ok with that. before we rebuild the whole carb it would be nice that we knew the carb is causing 100% of the problem.

speedy400
09-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I sold my stocker for 75 bucks on ebay when I got the FCR:(, I think tomorrow I'll try getting another thing of carb cleaner, take it apart once more and try that whole thing again:( ... BTW I cant get my accel pump covor to stop leaking, it leaks just a tad(drip...drip...ect) I doubt if its the problem but I think of it as a fire hazard... theres no gasket suppose to be there right? I didnt have one there when I got it from Matt Smiley.thanks-darren

cals400ex
09-07-2004, 12:04 AM
that leaking accel pump may cause you a problem. if that can't get and hold the proper amount of fuel, how can it shoot it? i would take that accel pump off and clean both surfaces perfectly and then try it out. i am not promising you this is it, but it makes sense to me. i can't remember if a gasket is supposed to be there or not.

what needle clip position you at?