PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

tamehart
09-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Anyone know a good digital Camera for professional pictures. I am taking side classes at PSU for photography next semester and want to get my hands on a good camera. I would like top of the line. Anyone have any experiece with these?
I would like to keep the price below $1250

Got Roost?
09-05-2004, 02:51 PM
cannon 1-D

acold7dusta
09-05-2004, 02:53 PM
i dk but im starvin

tamehart
09-05-2004, 03:00 PM
You know what the cannon runs for? I am thinking I am going to spend around 1k. I figure you get what you pay for. The more expensive, the better the product...something like that..

You know any of the features of the cannon 1-D

Got Roost?
09-05-2004, 03:22 PM
my bad, the 1D is a little out of your price range ($4000-$7000 on ebay). you might check out the canon EOS 10D though. here's some detales from canon's web site.

The EOS 10D brings an unprecedented level of features, controls and value to the advanced amateur and studio photographer. It has a newly designed, rugged body with a magnesium alloy exterior, a 6.3 MP CMOS sensor which incorporates Canon's exclusive DIGIC Image Processor, high-speed, 7-point wide area AF with superimposed focusing points, user adjustable parameters to change 4 aspects of image quality, 3 frames per second speed (up to 9 shots in JPEG or simultaneous RAW/JPEG mode), and a pop-up flash. The EOS 10D is compatible with Canon's entire range of EF lenses, digital printers and Speedlites, has USB connectivity, selectable color spaces, Exif 2.2 and DPOF 1.1 support, and includes Canon's capture software for Mac OS and Windows. With these advanced features in an easy-to-use interface, the EOS 10D makes digital EOS photography available to everyone.

6.3 Megapixel Digital SLR with DIGIC-based image processor
High-speed, wide-area 7-point AF with superimposed focusing points
3 fps up to 9 consecutive frames in RAW, JPEG or simultaneous RAW+JPEG
Rigid magnesium alloy body covers for outstanding durability
ISO range extended from 100-3200, manual WB mode added
Selectable processing parameters including multiple color space options
Direct printing capability with compatible printers plus Exif 2.2 and DPOF 1.1
Supports zoom playback, Video Out and PTP driverless downloads
Compatible with all EF Lenses and many EOS system accessories

i know that canon makes an exellent product. i hope this helps you out.

tamehart
09-05-2004, 04:02 PM
I have a cannon 35mm. It is an expensive camaera. I never had any problems with it and love it. Obviously digital is the way everything is going and is so much easier. Thanks for the info on the cannon. I will defiitaley look into it. I like cannon but just wanted to make sure their newer products were holding up as well as the camera I got. Thanks again.

sn0wrider
09-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by acold7dusta
i dk but im starvin
hahahahaha:D

bulkdriverlp
09-05-2004, 08:39 PM
vivitar 3.3 meg with 64meg card and 8 nickel metal hydryde batteries and charger. wallmart bout 250.00 total.