PDA

View Full Version : klaw fronts vs. Holeshot fronts...

QuadJunkies
09-05-2004, 10:46 AM
We just tried a new set of Holeshots
(for both the Predator and the Honda) and rode all day at the track they are us9ing for the WORCS round in less than two weeks..... I cant beleive the difference in tires!!!! Both of us feel that the Klaw fronts worked the best in this terrain...

Also take not.... IF you plan on running a Knarlys on a dry,rocky hard pack. plan on them looking like this after only a two rides......:eek:

QuadJunkies
09-05-2004, 10:47 AM
They are AWESOME tires,especially on an overwatered track/mud....
Anyone know if the Klaws wear this quick????We are tying them out at Nationals....

ID-YFZracer-BE
09-05-2004, 02:32 PM
the klaws dont wear quick but sandy tracks traction is close to none.

QuadJunkies
09-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ID-YFZracer-BE
the klaws dont wear quick but sandy tracks traction is close to none. I tried the klaw fronts at weiser and didnt like them on Sand.

AC 400 ex 02
09-05-2004, 04:15 PM
my klaws have been pretty good, i ride alot of soft terrain pits and some hard pack stuff and they do pretty good, at rausch they did awesome, i really liked them, and the wear time has been pretty good

Chanman420q
09-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Razrs are the way to go..

QuadJunkies
09-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
Razrs are the way to go.. not on our terrain they arent........ I hated our Razrs and sold them all but one set incase of a race somewhere else.....

BlueZ440
09-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Hey that's funny because my MXR Holeshots did the same thing at OMC track. I think is the heat and the track being so damn dry. :grr: But I still like holeshots on the back and Klaws on front better..

Ralph
09-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
Hey that's funny because my MXR Holeshots did the same thing at OMC track. I think is the heat and the track being so damn dry. :grr: But I still like holeshots on the back and Klaws on front better..

so far Grooved turf tamer rear tires have been my favorite, they take a hell of a beating, good traction, and are cheap. For the fronts im using klaws right now but im going to keep looking. Kenda has a new front tire coming out so everyone should keep a heads up for that, it should be good.

QuadJunkies
09-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Ive had mine for almost a year and they have been virtually EVERYWHERE, the only thing I do not like about a tamer is they suck in mud and rob you in Sand.. At our track Im literally in top of third digging before I get any traction. when I buy another tire, I will get another set of the Knarlys for sure ,but wont run them on this dry pack here
Ralph, when are they releasing the new tire???? Is this the tire Jeff has talked a little aboutand has tested???

Ralph
09-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ive had mine for almost a year and they have been virtually EVERYWHERE, the only thing I do not like about a tamer is they suck in mud and rob you in Sand.. At our track Im literally in top of third digging before I get any traction. when I buy another tire, I will get another set of the Knarlys for sure ,but wont run them on this dry pack here
Ralph, when are they releasing the new tire???? Is this the tire Jeff has talked a little aboutand has tested???

ive just caught a little wind about it but im not one that should be talking about it since i barely know anything, it is probably the same one jeff has mentioned.

allmixedup047
09-06-2004, 01:22 PM
where is the best place to buy tires at?

BlueZ440
09-06-2004, 03:29 PM
rockymountainatv.com.. Hey QJ I think you need to try some holeshots in the back. You won't go back to the gay turf tamer, don't take it the wrong way but Holeshots are the way to go.

allmixedup047
09-06-2004, 10:09 PM
ive already looked at rockymountainatv.com and they dont seem to have the selection that they use to.

Ralph
09-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
ive already looked at rockymountainatv.com and they dont seem to have the selection that they use to.

call in,

Florida400EX
09-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Klaws would suit your terrain good. Make sure that the tread is point toward the motor, for hardpack, and away from the quad for soft/ sand. If you have them facing foward for hardpack, they won't hookup that great in soft. Klaw's will also outlast most tires out there.

Dust_1503
09-08-2004, 02:43 PM
For fronts i run holeshots because they are the only people to make the 19" front right now and thats my size of choice i really like that tire. My setup now is 19'' holeshot front, klaw rear really like it. later

LapTraffic
09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
I went through a set of Knarlys in about 2 months of hard riding on rocky hardpack.

Their traction is pretty phenominal, I havent really found a bad terrain to run them on.

And theyre freakin cheap.

Also extremely durable. I got one minor sidewall slow leak riding in some pretty nasty stuff.

I dont think they are as heavy as Razrs either.

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by LapTraffic
I Their traction is pretty phenominal, .

WORD!!!! Thats what I LOVE about this tire.....!!! MAD TRACTION!!!!:macho

AC 400 ex 02
09-09-2004, 08:04 PM
WORD!!!! Thats what I LOVE about this tire.....!!! MAD TRACTION!!!!:macho
haha QJ your all up to date with the slang terms :p

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by AC 400 ex 02
haha QJ your all up to date with the slang terms :p lol...:p well Im not THAT old ya know!!!!:o

ranger400ex
09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Yes Kenda is coming out with a new tire...not too long here.

Knarly's are for soft terrrain, Klaws for hardpack/medium with proper rotation of the tread pattern. and yes the knarly offers awesome traction....

BMW

AC 400 ex 02
09-10-2004, 09:20 PM
lol...:p well Im not THAT old ya know!!!!:o
lol i know, im just pickin on ya:devil:

squeak12
09-11-2004, 01:11 PM
i think my next tire is gonna be a kenda klaw..i like the look and the razrs are wearing down..i think ill leave the front razrs on though

pnut420
09-12-2004, 09:37 AM
I use the Klaws at my track called Sand HIll, I think they hook up pretty well, but for some of the loose sand sections they dont hook quite as good. I might try some MXR fronts to match my rear, I think they should do better in the sand, I also might tried grooved turf tamers, any suggestions?

QuadJunkies
09-12-2004, 11:49 AM
well Troy and I have decided after BOTH of us trying the Holeshots on the fronts we were both VERY dissapointed .. Ill stick with my Klaws up front, I may Cont. to use the Holeshots for FT racing,they seems to work pretty good for that, but I wasnt impressed with them on MX/desert riding for some reason...In the mud on MX, when you come into and Embanked corner( taking the High end of the Berm) they tend to push out

QuadJunkies
09-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I also noticed, on Dif. quads,these tires DO perform differently.... On Troys Predator,they were GREAT on the Natural Terrain track,I for one did not like them on mine.......