View Full Version : Cheapest Place to get Elkas

250r rider 88
09-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Where is the cheapest place to get Elka shocks? and what set ups are you guys running

CdaleXtreme
09-06-2004, 10:33 AM
On ebay there is a guy, His seller name is Motomahimahi do a search by seller. He has a whole line of stuff he sells, and he only marks up like 7-10% Just drop him an e-mail and tell him what you need. He will definetly get you the best price if you dont have any sponsorships. Just make sure you are accurate on your Riding description. as to how the shocks will be setup.

allmixedup047
09-06-2004, 12:41 PM
On ebay there is a guy, His seller name is Motomahimahi

i have bought a lot of stuff from that guy. good seller and ships real fast. he has pretty good prices too. there is another guy on there that i have been buying things from that is real real cheap. i got a pair of brand new AC nerfs shipped for $100. and he had a stadium bumper on there for 30 brand new. i will try to get his name to see if he has shocks. but colby from C&D rebuilds 450r shocks with all elka stuff. real good price on those too.

Pappy
09-06-2004, 12:46 PM
he was recently busted by Elka for selling below suggested pricing and should now be inline with other retailers.

WhiteZee
09-06-2004, 09:47 PM
elka shocks are going to be the same price from where ever you get them, Elka requires dealers to sell them no lower then a certain price.

allmixedup047
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
he was recently busted by Elka for selling below suggested pricing and should now be inline with other retailers.
pappy are you talking about colby or the guy on ebay. and do you still have your elkas for sale. and i have never ran elkas but how much better are they than works.

09-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
pappy are you talking about colby or the guy on ebay. and do you still have your elkas for sale. and i have never ran elkas but how much better are they than works. the guy on ebay got busted as for elkas being better then works...they are but if you dont race I would just get some works & save your money

Pappy
09-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
pappy are you talking about colby or the guy on ebay. and do you still have your elkas for sale. and i have never ran elkas but how much better are they than works.

i was refering to the guy on ebay....

colby was busted for mopary with the intent to creep:eek: (thats exposing yourself to a blind man for those that didnt know:devil: :blah: )

i think elka is a far superior shock then the standard works you see advertised for $549 or so. IMO its worth the extra to get the elkas.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-07-2004, 08:30 AM
There you go again pappy kicking a guy from behind. I am going to search high and low to find some freaky nasty thing that you do and expose you.:grr: that hole flashing thing was along time ago.:confused:

Pappy
09-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
There you go again pappy kicking a guy from behind. I am going to search high and low to find some freaky nasty thing that you do and expose you.:grr: that hole flashing thing was along time ago.:confused:

hahaha:devil:

allmixedup047
09-07-2004, 07:24 PM
well i just know how the works are that bad habit has on his 400ex. i think they were yours. im pretty sure he bought them from you.
and colby i think you told dan that you didnt know how long you were going to be able to rebuild the stock R shocks for because elka was going to stop giving out the parts. and i think you told dan that those rebuild shocks where pretty impressive. and dont worry about the whole exposing yourself deal, i mean look what it did for peewee hermans career.:blah:

EXDuner
09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Bought mine from a guy on ebay pro_formance. He was willing to sell cheaper than mothomali and he did'nt studder. You should check him out.

ohski
09-11-2004, 02:52 AM
I ordered mine from Jeff@QuadShop on 8/27 and it was delivered to the house on 9/10. The quad I purchased already had fronts so I just needed a rear... I think he gave me a good price, give him a call.

Hammer trx450r
09-11-2004, 05:24 AM
I ordered mine from C&D (ya know, our sponser:eek2: )

Ordered rear shock and link on monday was here on friday

Pappy
09-11-2004, 07:35 AM
i dont feel its really important as to who you buy them from as much as it is that you purchase them from a company that will help you after the sale. elka has really imporved thier set up and usually there is not an issue but i sleep a touch better knowing the companies i purchase from will be there for me if i did have a problem.

with that said, elka themselves really do step up if an issue arises. but even so, i wouldnt want to hand out cash to a retailer only for them to play dumb when you call them up and ask why your $800 shock feels worse then one off a 1971 VW bug!

its not what you buy but why you buy it!