PDA

View Full Version : Am I really a wuss??

Groomsy
09-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Ok....alot of my friends say this is the wussy way out....but i am planning on fixing my 400 up to race flat oval tracks.....i have caught lot of crap from everyone just b/c i don't like the idea of hittin a ramp and bein 10 ft or more in the air...heights aren't my thing.....
so i want ur opinion is flat track racing all good or is just a way to say that i race without dealing with my slight fear of heights??

also for anyone who has a 400 and races flat track...how r u dealing with the introduction of the 450's to the scene??

JUSTINcredible
09-05-2004, 01:57 AM
you are a big wuss..... j/k:p

flat track can get pretty nuts too

and as long as your having fun who cares

Hammer trx450r
09-05-2004, 06:05 AM
YES LMFAO!!!!

They call u a wuss cause you admit fear of something.

Now if you said MX just isn't my bag but flat tracks speeds look like fun to me. They might call you something else, like speed or johny racer or phyco or etc

All of which are better that WUSS

Groomsy
09-05-2004, 08:21 AM
that is very true..........i guess one thing that drew me to the flat track scene is the fact that my step-dad has a friend that races sprint cars and i am always in the pits with them, and my real dad has a friend that owns a whole motorsports company that is strictly dirt track sprint cars.
so needless to say....i seem to find myself at flat tracks every weekend.

dirtmomma
09-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Flattack is for wussy's :eek: :eek2: :mad: I dont' think so!!! We just have the need..................the need for speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: I bet we get going a hella lot faster on the straights than Mx'ers, I call us adrenaline junkies :) WE race mainly flattrack w/ a little MX in the mix sometimes but I would rather race flattrack just becuz I have a fear of being landed on, now my son he's starting to want to race MX but we just don't have the setup for it plus I dont' know if I could handle watching him catch huge air, I have a tough time watching him bump in the turns w/ people!! He's had a couple nasty get offs the last couple years, just a couple months ago he got tangled in a turn & went sailing hard on the hardpack :( scared me 1/2 to death, as he gets older & faster it is getting more nerve racking now this winter I will have 2 kids out there :eek: thats why I'm hanging up my racing for now :( oh well gotta focus on the future :)

I wouldn't worry about what they say & go do it anyway, tell them to get out there WFO down the straights then sling it into a corner ;)

fastkid400
09-05-2004, 10:01 PM
ahh heeeeeelllll no, u aint no putang, tell them guys to shove it! TT sounds like a frikin awesome time! I race go-karts and its a blast, im sure TT-ing is like twice as much fun, sliding around a turn wide open:eek2: YEAH!!

dirtmomma
09-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by fastkid400
ahh heeeeeelllll no, u aint no putang, tell them guys to shove it! TT sounds like a frikin awesome time! I race go-karts and its a blast, im sure TT-ing is like twice as much fun, sliding around a turn wide open:eek2: YEAH!!

HELL YEAH, I practiced on a TT track last weekend & it was a BLAST!!!!!!! I would like to race it but @ the time my quad was too low :eek: I bottomed it out on a table top :o the jumps @ this one were a little more severe than most I think. but fun fun fun a little bit of both worlds, goin fast & a couple jumps in there...................ahhhhh:devil:

dirtriderex
09-05-2004, 10:16 PM
That is the problem with us teens, we are to sub conscious. Who gives a flying Fu*k what others think. Go out and do your thing. A sport should be something your proud of. Racing gives everyone the same addiction...Adrenaline:devil:, so lets abuse it every way possiable.

Groomsy
09-05-2004, 10:39 PM
well...i know where i can get the full flat track set up.......my step-dad works with a guy that quit racing flat tracks a few years ago and said he'll sell me everything he don't use anymore.(Hoosier tires, wheels, a-arms, rear axle all kinds of shizznit)
now where should i get a cam, and what compression piston should i get?
keep in mind this bike will not be race only....every now and then i will tear all the race equipment off and ride with my friends...so no engine mods that will get me killed in the woods.:D :D

dirtmomma
09-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Groomsy
well...i know where i can get the full flat track set up.......my step-dad works with a guy that quit racing flat tracks a few years ago and said he'll sell me everything he don't use anymore.(Hoosier tires, wheels, a-arms, rear axle all kinds of shizznit)
now where should i get a cam, and what compression piston should i get?
keep in mind this bike will not be race only....every now and then i will tear all the race equipment off and ride with my friends...so no engine mods that will get me killed in the woods.:D :D

As for the cam & piston check w/ C&D Racing they have good prices :)

We also use our flatttrack quads on the trails sure it would be nice to be able to have one for each (well I do but my 4x4 isn't running right :() but ya gotta do what ya gotta do :) Thats cool you'll be able to buy the stuff used that way if you dn't like it at least you didnt' spend the $$ fo r new stuff!! Good Luck!!

powerstroke
09-06-2004, 03:59 PM
give XC a try........

Chef
09-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Hell no flattrack doesnt make you a wuss. Tell em they can come race with me for a weekend and if they still think it makes you a wuss then they are blind and deaf.

dirtmomma
09-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Hell no flattrack doesnt make you a wuss. Tell em they can come race with me for a weekend and if they still think it makes you a wuss then they are blind and deaf.
HEHE thought we might see ya last weekend @ Skagit & Hannegan!! It was a good time :) Did you race last night @ Castle Rock??? How'd ya do if so??

Chef
09-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
HEHE thought we might see ya last weekend @ Skagit & Hannegan!! It was a good time :) Did you race last night @ Castle Rock??? How'd ya do if so??

I didnt even know they raced last night.