PDA

View Full Version : Hey what do you all recommend for the jet kits

frogburner
04-08-2002, 11:54 AM
I ordered my A-Arms today from Troy racing, and am now browsing for jet kits. Would it be better for me to get the K&N kit with everything in it?? I was going to get the Dynojets and then get a K&N filter with pre filter and cut the airbox. What do you all think.. I have never done jets before so this is all new to me. Help out if you can, Thanks..:huh

PoopOna400EX
04-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Guess it depends on if you are getting an after market pipe, such as White Bros, etc.

You are increasing your air intake by increasing the flow with the K&N filter, but are not changing anything on the exhaust side. I don't know that you will see any difference by adding larger jets.

In either case, I would recommend the K&N filter, if you decide you want to try jets, go with the jets you need, rather than buying the kit. You can pick up a pilot and main jet for under $10 total.

I would also recommend the silencer for sure, that's where I noticed my first performance improvement, the air filter did nothing noticeable, but the two working together improved low-end torque. (See website below for WB E-Series Install)

I have purchased my jets (40 pilot, 152 main), but have not put them in yet. I will be documenting the installation on my website:

http://www.measlywimp.com/jason under ATV keep an eye out in the next week or so.

In addition, I have installed a Nology Hotwire to replace my stock spark plug wire in order to increase the spark. Not sure if it does much, but what the heck.

Good luck,
Jason.

frogburner
04-08-2002, 12:35 PM
I have a MegaMaxII silencer on it right now, thats the only thing that has been done to it. So i figured that K&N and a jet kit, and a pre-filter, i could do the aibox lid mod. and play around with different jet sizes till i found one that i liked. That would work wouldnt it??:huh

PoopOna400EX
04-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a good approach to me...just see what works best.

FYI...I picked up a Honda air box lid for like $7 at my local dealer to mod, that way, if I'm riding in wet conditions, I can go back to my unmodified air box lid.

I also picked up the outerwears air box cover, I will place this over the airbox, then place the modified air box lid over it to secure, rather than using the velcro. This will give some added dust and moisture protection, yet significantly increase air flow.

There was a post in the Review area showing this approach, looks really nifty.

Have a good one.
Jason.

frogburner
04-08-2002, 04:34 PM
I've been looking for an outerwear airbox cover for mine. Where can i get one of those??? Is there a website I can go to for that??

PoopOna400EX
04-08-2002, 07:06 PM
I picked mine up through my local dealer, I think he ordered it from White Bros, you can also order direct from WB, http://www.whitebros.com , I saved a little on shipping and cost by ordering through my dealer.

Part # is 66-070 through WB. It's not the pre-filter, it's the airbox cover.

Good luck,
Jason.