PDA

View Full Version : best quite 300 pipe

300exmaster
09-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Im new here so this will be my first post. I need to get a new pipe for my 300. It needs to be quite but i don't want to lose any power. Im thinking either a FMF megamax or the white bros e-series. Any suggestions??

Snow
09-03-2004, 08:56 PM
well your quietest pipe i would say is the fmf "Q" pipe. the megamax and the e-series will get you more performance but they will be noticably louder. but they are adjustable. im not really 100%positive though. i have a supertrapp pipe with no discs packing or anything cause i ride like 30 miles away from houses so it doesnt matter lol, i dont know alot about quiet pippes. btw welcome to ex riders!!

frosti108
09-04-2004, 04:22 AM
hey Nacsracer-

that pipe must be loud as $HIT!!! before i got my sparks system, i had a full supertrapp pipe with about im guessing 10 discs, closed end piece and half beat packing and damn that thing was pretty loud i cant imagine without the packing and no end pieces! :eek2:

i bet youd be surprised by your newfound torque if you added just like 15 discs and a closed end piece. oh but then again, one main reason i switched from that setupd was it had a huge exhaust leak where the header meets the slipon. but then again i think if i start drag racing ill start experimenting with just a header... or maybe the sparks with no packing or end piece although i havent even opened up my sparks pipe yet...

now that i think about it, the sparks isnt too loud, i think its just right. but dont get me wrong it sounds MEAN as no other...

bradley300
09-04-2004, 08:11 AM
if you really want a quiet pipe, i would say the fmf q series or a pro circut type 496

mersingt
09-04-2004, 10:45 AM
i dont think they make a 496 for the 300ex and im hopeing as soon as i get the quiet core for my hmf it will be at a level the neighbors like....