PDA

View Full Version : Just got my wisdom teeth out..

MOFO
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM
SOB I hurt! I just got all 4 teeth yanked out today... 3 of them were impacted and took "extra work" as my oral surgeon put it. Thank god he knocked me out for the process... sounded and feels like he used a jack hammer to remove them!

Anyone else get them yanked out? I had to do mine last minute because one was becoming infected...

AtvMxRider
09-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah I had all mine yanked out a few years ago Eric. I wasn't in much pain afterwards. The stiches we nasty though.

Syrus
09-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Ouch, feel bad for you, sounds like u waited to long to pull them, i got mine out 3 weeks ago. However, mine were still under the skin and only took 45 mins to remove them, i was also knocked out... Did u notice all the needles that are beside you in the chair ? there like 7-9 needles al lthe same... those are what knock you out. It takes a lot to keep you out :eek2:

Well the 2nd day is sore, but not as bad as the 3rd day, whooo let me tell ya, your gonna feel pain tomorrow, and the 4th day will be just as bad. Pop those Tylonal 4's like crazy, and wash ur mouth out a lot, and you'll be fine. I was smokin the maryjane the day after surgury, and drinkin the 3rd day, so dont worry bout infaction, those blue pills take care of yeah pretty good :p

But the only thing you can do, it take a lot of the painkillers, they will be your best friend for the next few days, learn to love em, cause once u pop a few, you'll feel awsome. I think i took around 10-12 a day, maybe more, was feelin awsome :D

the 3rd & 4th day your gonna swell like a ******, so dont worry, the 5th day you'll start feelin better, and look fine. Just keep em clean and take your meds, eat soft foods etc.. if u have any questions just pm me, i went threw it all !

Ohh ya forgot to add... After a week if u notice the stiches are still in out mouth, try and get ahold of them and give them a small tug, and see if they pop out, they should, and you mouth will feel much better after that. They disolve after a few days, but if not remove them manually :macho

Ralph
09-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
SOB I hurt! I just got all 4 teeth yanked out today...

you only had 4 teef?:eek: :D

Big400EX
09-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

Lmao, thats the funniest thing I have ever seen. Sucks for you man.:huh

MOFO
09-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Ouch, feel bad for you, sounds like u waited to long to pull them, i got mine out 3 weeks ago. However, mine were still under the skin and only took 45 mins to remove them, i was also knocked out... Did u notice all the needles that are beside you in the chair ? there like 7-9 needles al lthe same... those are what knock you out. It takes a lot to keep you out :eek2:

Well the 2nd day is sore, but not as bad as the 3rd day, whooo let me tell ya, your gonna feel pain tomorrow, and the 4th day will be just as bad. Pop those Tylonal 4's like crazy, and wash ur mouth out a lot, and you'll be fine. I was smokin the maryjane the day after surgury, and drinkin the 3rd day, so dont worry bout infaction, those blue pills take care of yeah pretty good :p

But the only thing you can do, it take a lot of the painkillers, they will be your best friend for the next few days, learn to love em, cause once u pop a few, you'll feel awsome. I think i took around 10-12 a day, maybe more, was feelin awsome :D

the 3rd & 4th day your gonna swell like a ******, so dont worry, the 5th day you'll start feelin better, and look fine. Just keep em clean and take your meds, eat soft foods etc.. if u have any questions just pm me, i went threw it all !

Ohh ya forgot to add... After a week if u notice the stiches are still in out mouth, try and get ahold of them and give them a small tug, and see if they pop out, they should, and you mouth will feel much better after that. They disolve after a few days, but if not remove them manually :macho

Yep, this is what my doc told me...tomorrow I'll feel pretty good but the day 3 and a couple days after is when it will swell up and hurt like a SOB. I've got some good pain killers and some steriods to keep the swelling down. My finace is a RN so she is takin good care of me right now. :devil:

MOFO
09-03-2004, 06:35 PM

LOL...

all 4 WISDOM teeth... :D I guess the drugs have not wore off yet...

09-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Been there done that. Get well soon. I ended up gaining weight because all I at was mashed potatos and milk shakes.

roostin_dale
09-03-2004, 07:00 PM
:( I think I have to get mine pulled in a few months

SSracingNY
09-03-2004, 07:44 PM
yea had mine pulled last Oct. missed Holloween:grr: . i had all 4 pulled at once. i think its much easier that way. i got the novicane. so i was awake. i could hear the cracking and stuff. kinda cool but still. it was in the morning so i fell asleep a few times and woke up gagging. it was horrible cuz i didnt get breakfast and i love that meal. i was so mad. could hardly eat anything for like a week. wait till sunday. you'll be lookin like a chipmunk.lol

400grl
09-03-2004, 08:07 PM
OH...you had it bad like me......all 4 of mine were impacted, and they had to cut them out, smash them into pieces, and pull the pieces out with tweezers.....plus they chiseled off part of my jaw on both sides.......and I didn't get to sleep during any of it. The surgery itself wasn't bad.....it was the three days afterwards........I woke up crying and drooling and bleeding all over my pillow at home (they gave me 2 vicodin after the surgery, and I was out like a lighbulb on the way home)....

This is funny......I couldn't stand up, becuase of the pain killers.....and I had to throw up.....so I rolled onto the floor and started crawling down the hall to the bathroom......and I kept getting PO'd because the floor kept coming up and hitting me in the face!!!! I was getting mad at the floor.....and couldn't figure out how it was getting all the way up to my face......and then I finally figured out I was the one hitting the floor!!! Painkillers and me don't mix.

I wound up throwing up and ripping out my stitches.....I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to go back to the dentist........I also looked like a chipmunk for over a week.....that sucked.

You can wet Lipton Tea bags and pack them into your cheeks....this will help some of the swelling go down (my nurse told me this - they felt good.....)

It took me over a month to be able to yawn again....I couldn't open my mouth more than 1/2 inch for about 3 weeks.......

Horrible thing......I am glad I never have to do that again!!!! I'm sorry you have to go through it, but at least it's a one time thing!!! ;) :)

SGA
09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
SOB I hurt! I just got all 4 teeth yanked out today...

LMAO! Classic!
Hope you feel better soon Eric. I had mine out about 5 years ago, not fun, not fun at all. I got something called a dry socket:(

derekhonda
09-04-2004, 02:00 AM
I got my 4 wisdom teeth taken out last summer, wasnt too bad at all for me, guess i was lucky (or just tough :devil:) I wound up taking 2 of my vicodin the first day, then a friend of mine told me not to take anymore so we could use them later so i just took a bunch of tylenol and sat it out. good luck

Hammer trx450r
09-04-2004, 05:48 AM
A freind had to get 2 taken while she was pregnant:eek2: No drugs for pregnant women. I could hear her screaming from the waiting room

Ralph
09-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
It took me over a month to be able to yawn again....I couldn't open my mouth more than 1/2 inch for about 3 weeks.......

Seems like it was as bad for your boyfriend.:blah:

MOFO
09-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
A freind had to get 2 taken while she was pregnant:eek2: No drugs for pregnant women. I could hear her screaming from the waiting room

:eek2:

no way in hell would I even consider having it done with no medication! More power to that lady for doing that... I'm a big wimp when it comes to my teeth... big cuts, stiches, broken bones...sure they hurt, but doesnt bug me much.... now talk about my teeth and it makes the hair on my neck stand up... I hate dental work!

400grl, I think we had a very similar operation. The doctor told me he had to chisel bone and do ALOT of breaking of my teeth to get them out...they were REALLY rooted. Right now I can only open my mouth about 1/2"...I cant even open it enough to look inside and see where they did the work. :mad:

Ralph
09-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Right now I can only open my mouth about 1/2"...I cant even open it enough to look inside and see where they did the work. :mad:

in that case, 400gl and mofo, i feel bad for both of your boyfriends:blah:

MOFO
09-04-2004, 08:38 AM
in that case, 400gl and mofo, i feel bad for both of your boyfriends:blah:

:cuss: :cuss:

Pappy
09-04-2004, 08:39 AM
get better soon eric:)

Ralph
09-04-2004, 08:39 AM
:cuss: :cuss:

im done now, druged up people are too easy to make fun of.:macho

WhiteZee
09-04-2004, 09:26 AM
god, im getting mine taken out on the 17th, im not looking foward to it.

Giz400ex
09-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Remember, DO NOT DRINK THROUGH A STRAW!!!!! Thats how you get dry sockets! Its hard to remember but that could make things more difficult for ya!

MOFO
09-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Remember, DO NOT DRINK THROUGH A STRAW!!!!! Thats how you get dry sockets! Its hard to remember but that could make things more difficult for ya!

thanks... I keep hearing about this.... doesnt sound like a good thing when you get it.

Honda4trax250x
09-04-2004, 10:46 AM
did they give you some vicodin?:bandit:

MOFO
09-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
did they give you some vicodin?:bandit:

oh yea... and I got other pain killers as well. My 1st dentist gave me vicodins for the pain (infection pain).. my oral surgeon gave me some perc's... and steroids to control swelling. I also have some antibiotics to prevent more infections...

...so in a nut shell I'm taking alot of drugs for this.

Guy400
09-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Try KY for the dry sockets:devil:

I only had to have one tooth pulled when I was 18 (a baby tooth that just wouldn't get out of the way so the adult tooth could come through) and that was painful enough. I couldn't imagine having 4 wisdom teeth at the same time:eek:

400grl
09-04-2004, 11:30 AM
LOL!!!

Ooooo!! MOFO, that totally sounds like what they did to me.....but I didn't get any steroids, so maybe you won't swell up as bad! That's good!

Ralph
09-04-2004, 11:32 AM
ask for some valium, its the good stuff

Guy400
09-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
but I didn't get any steroids, so maybe you won't swell up as bad!I think you've swollen nicely...lmao:D

Hammer trx450r
09-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I think you've swollen nicely...lmao:D

I'm swelling just thinking of her:devil:

JUSTINcredible
09-04-2004, 01:32 PM
another inocent thread gone mad:blah: :devil:

Syrus
09-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
I'm swelling just thinking of her:devil:

OHH ***** i didnt not just read that hahaha. LOL that was a good one.

400grl
09-04-2004, 04:38 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! You guys are just BAAAAD!!!:macho :devil:

Hammer trx450r
09-04-2004, 04:41 PM
sorry sweety:devil: whats with the yzf? Have ya seen my r yet?

Quad18star
08-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I know this is an ancient thread , but I just got 1 of my wisdom teeth yanked tonight .

I went into the dentist to have a root canal done ( had 1 done yesturday also) and it turned out that I didn't need it done cuz the dentist was able to catch the cavity before it hit the nerve .

So she filled in 2 cavities and she's like " Well I can save you some time and do the wisdom tooth right now ... so I said go for it .

I've heard people say it's a horrible experience , but it only took for about 5 minutes to yank it out and stitch it up . The longest and worst part was waiting for the freezing to set in properly ( about 30 minutes) .

I never knew these suckers had such big and long roots. I was lucky enough to have the blood clot immediatly and it hardly bled .

Now I'm on Penecilin (?) , T3s and Ibuprofin (?) . I'm gunna sleep like a baby for the next few days . :p

FasstMidnightZ
08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, While I was getting my jaw cut in half and screwed back together moved forward some they decided to yank my wisdom teeth too. Needless to say I didn't feel a thing after about a shot in the IV every hour I was just..tired..But, really the badside was that they had me puffed up like a damn gulffer. Not to mention its hard to throw up blood when your face is about 5 times its normal size.. Other than that it was fun. ;)

TheFontMaster
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I had my wisdom teeth pulled a year ago. I had all 4 taken out, and 2 or 3 of them had to be cut out, because they were growing in at an angle or something, and weren't all the way out. They just put me to sleep, when I woke up I didn't feel anything and I was stumbling around the room seeing 3 of everything, and acting wasted. They perscribed me vicodin, but I never used more than one a day, I never really felt any pain from it, it was just uncomfortable.

The part that did suck, was the first day, my whole mouth was num so when I bit on my lip which is a habit I have, over the course of the day I ended up gnawing out a small chunk of my lip, and I didn't even realize untill the pain killers started wearing off.

coolex
08-22-2006, 09:43 PM
yea i got 4 impacted mollers, and there making a appoiintment, doesnt sound fun at all

bradley300
08-23-2006, 09:40 AM
its not too bad if your just getting 1 out right? ive got one that hurts and is poked thru my gum, so i'm getting it out on monday, but the rest seem OK. ive never had any kind of surgery besides just stitiches (LOTS of them!) so i'm scared to death! i told them i didnt want to be awake for anything, so maybe the surgery wont be too bad

Quad18star
08-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
its not too bad if your just getting 1 out right? ive got one that hurts and is poked thru my gum, so i'm getting it out on monday, but the rest seem OK. ive never had any kind of surgery besides just stitiches (LOTS of them!) so i'm scared to death! i told them i didnt want to be awake for anything, so maybe the surgery wont be too bad

Mine had just pierced the gum and it was sore , which is why I wanted it out . I'll tell you right now , you don't need to be put out to have it done . If the dentist freezes you correctly , you won't feel a thing and it'll take no word of a lie 5 minutes to do .

It's a lot less pain apparently if your tooth has already broken through the gum ( which mine was and you say yours is) .

I've been put under on many occasions for various surgeries , and I can tell you right now , the anesthetic will make you sick ( 90% of the people throw up once the anesthetic wears off) . If I were you , I'd just be frozen and pop some Tylenol #3 instead .... you'll feel so much better after it all .

I have only taken 1 T3 since I had it out , and I only took it cuz they make me sleep like a baby , not because of any pain .

Mxjunkie
08-23-2006, 03:51 PM
I got all 4 of mine cut out, my face swelled like a ballon..

FoxRacing81
08-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I got all 4 of mine out monday morning.....

....went riding monday night! :D

Come on, I got new bars for the YFZ, needed to get used them before the race this weekend! I felt okay! :devil:

mxdad
08-23-2006, 03:58 PM
I got all 4 of mine pulled when I was about 18. I was awake and the doctor made sure to show me every one as he pulled them out. I was at my buddies house drinking beer less than 2 hours later. Tasted a little blood in my beer but after a few, I didn't care.

Quad18star
08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
I got all 4 of mine pulled when I was about 18. I was awake and the doctor made sure to show me every one as he pulled them out. I was at my buddies house drinking beer less than 2 hours later. Tasted a little blood in my beer but after a few, I didn't care.

I've been tasting a bit of blood all day . When I spit , there's just a tiny hint of blood , but it sure does leave a nasty taste . Feels like I have a coin or piece of metal in my mouth . :ermm:

I can't believe how long of a root these things have . I measured it up , and it's 1/4 inch long.:huh

FoxRacing81
08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I've been tasting a bit of blood all day . When I spit , there's just a tiny hint of blood , but it sure does leave a nasty taste . Feels like I have a coin or piece of metal in my mouth . :ermm:

I can't believe how long of a root these things have . I measured it up , and it's 1/4 inch long.:huh

Yep. I tasted blood for the rest of that day and then the morning of the next day...

I went riding with goz or however you spell it in my mouth though! haha...didn't bother me at all...

Quad18star
08-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Yep. I tasted blood for the rest of that day and then the morning of the next day...

I went riding with goz or however you spell it in my mouth though! haha...didn't bother me at all...

I had gauze in for about 30 minutes , then took it out and everything was fine ... no heavy bleeding or anything .

I don't understand why some people get put under to have this type of thing done ... all it does is make you feel liek crap for the next day . A few pain pills before and after the surgery and you're fine !!!

FoxRacing81
08-23-2006, 04:23 PM
They put me out, and then numbed me all up. I woke up, my face was all numb, and felt like it was the size of a basketball.

I don't really care whether or not I am out. It was pretty quick...they stuck the IV in my arm...and about 2 minutes later, I was out.
I guess if you are only getting one out at one time, I wouldn't wanna go under, but all 4, it would help I suppose.

killerofcrows48
08-23-2006, 04:35 PM
i got all mine pulled out 2 months ago, crappiest 2 weeks of my life!!! puked for 2 days straight :( , didnt take any painkillers either!! (they made me sick). I was swollen for a good week, and couldnt open my mouth all the way for like 2 weeks. i had a steady diet of go-gurts and apple sauce :D