PDA

View Full Version : higher rpm vibrtation

jeepnrocks
09-03-2004, 02:11 PM
when i start to get in the revs a bit i get a nasty vibration. i cant figure out where its coming from at all. i have ac pro pegs that may be causing the problem but the problem sounds more tinny. im going to take my omf scoops off and see what that does as wll. but those things are locked down very tight. has anyone had anything like this before its driving me absolutely nuts

09-03-2004, 03:10 PM
try installing some small rubber washers on everything

jeepnrocks
09-03-2004, 04:14 PM
thanks mike, im going to do that too. it will have to wait till this week, maybe tuesday.
i have a poker run sunday and dont feel liketearing stuff apart till after thats over

WhiteZee
09-03-2004, 05:12 PM
if you have skid plates, those cause me a lot of problems with vibrating.

jeepnrocks
09-03-2004, 05:15 PM
thanks zee. i took the dg skid off and it still does it. But u may want to try this.
a friend of mine at trx450r central took one inch tubing and cut it too run along the frame and then mounted the skid over that. i'm going to do that tomorrow. i think it will look alot better than the 3m tape massacre i created under my quad :huh

WhiteZee
09-03-2004, 10:07 PM
lol, thanks for the advise.

Jersey450R
09-04-2004, 06:07 AM
I have a weird noise but not so much vibration. I notice when my quad gets hot, theres a tinny, almost metalic noise coming from near the pipe. its not clicking or loud or anything, its just one of them things only you would notice. I dont think its anything to worry about. IDK

Wayne64SS
09-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
I have a weird noise but not so much vibration. I notice when my quad gets hot, theres a tinny, almost metalic noise coming from near the pipe. its not clicking or loud or anything, its just one of them things only you would notice. I dont think its anything to worry about. IDK

i think mine makes that same noise ... im all stock except for prm rear grab bar.

jeepnrocks
09-04-2004, 08:54 AM
i was looking at my pipe the other day too, i could swear it was from near there. everything was tight though. im going to check the head bolts (dont ask how i forgot that part)

Wayne64SS
09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
can anyone post a video clip of there quad running so i can compare noises... i think im gonna go get one of mine runnin now ....

Wayne64SS
09-04-2004, 09:55 AM
yo here is a link to that movie. its only 377k. i took it with my new digital camera i think it has really good clarity. Click Here To Download (http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTQ3NTkyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D) let me know what you think about how this thing sounds.... is it knockin or is this sound normal for this quad??

jeepnrocks
09-04-2004, 03:47 PM
i'll get one of mine tomorrow maybe. i jsut got home. i took my omf scoops, my nerfs, and my heat shield. it was still there. checked my head bolts and every exhaust bolt the whole way back.. still there. checked the rear brake lever and it wasn't that. i dont know what could be doing it near the top of the motor other than i may have a cracked motor mount up there :(
i really hope its not that but wonder if honda will warranty that. im taking it in tuesday to the shop because i cant get my plastic off. when i got my quad back they had stripped out the bolts that go from the front radiator shroud plastic (with the trx logo on it) into the gas tank. im gettting so frustrated at this point. my quad runs sooo great now but this vibration is literally nerve racking.
has anyone else came up with anything. if u guys can try to check your top motor mount area for any cracks. i cant get my plastic off so i won't know till i take it to the shop

450 Racer R
09-04-2004, 09:20 PM
sounds like valves to me :confused:

jeepnrocks
09-04-2004, 09:31 PM
hmmm i would imagine they got adjusted when my hrc kit was installed?

jeepnrocks
09-06-2004, 08:52 AM
im taking it back to the shop for them to mess with. why you ask ? becasue the hercules that put my front plastic back on stripped out the holes in the gas tank that the fron plastic mounts too and cracked the red plastic where the little bolt sits in it !!

CdaleXtreme
09-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Sure it isnt your fender buzzing? if one of the mounts are loose maybe? Maybe its more a metalic sound? I dont know. Just put an aftermarket Pipe on it and Drown out the noise!! :D

jeepnrocks
09-06-2004, 11:25 AM
its not the noise that bothers me its the vibration. it goes thru the bars something fierce. way more that what would be considered normal

vinny450
09-06-2004, 11:57 AM
yea its' from teh ac propegs i have them to and it does it but not anymore since i but the bolts threw teh peg and the mount .

vinny t

jeepnrocks
09-06-2004, 11:59 AM
thanks vinny but its not that either. the vib was still there when i took them off, and also took off my scoops. im betting i have a busted motor mount or something. oh well its just a machine