PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Honda400exrox
09-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Is it really true that in 2006 all 2-stroke quads dirtbikes and snowmobiles will not be made any more?:grr:

stiffy
09-03-2004, 01:48 PM
That's what I hear we'll see though.

Samson
09-03-2004, 01:50 PM
My understanding is that they will only be sold "legally" for racing purposes.

Who's going to know?

TheFontMaster
09-03-2004, 02:14 PM
In 2006 is when 2 strokes will have to meat certain emisions standards. That is when Yamaha will stop making the blasters and banshees. I think gas gas will be able to meet those standards, and Bombardier will meat the emitions regulations with thier rotax motors. I'm not shure if other companies will try to meat the imistions tests for snowmowbiles. I have no idea what they are going to do with dirtbikes.

QuadJunkies
09-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
In 2006 is when 2 strokes will have to meat certain emisions standards. That is when Yamaha will stop making the blasters and banshees. I think gas gas will be able to meet those standards, and Bombardier will meat the emitions regulations with thier rotax motors. I'm not shure if other companies will try to meat the imistions tests for snowmowbiles. I have no idea what they are going to do with dirtbikes. What about all the mini quads????:huh :eek2: that will chap my @$$ after all we sunk into ours to race!!!:mad:

Rdhanded2
09-03-2004, 02:38 PM
You will still be able to race them, just factories will either have to meet new emitions laws, or they can not manufacture them.

Fast250EX
09-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Two Words....

Vote Republican!;)

sam the brave
09-03-2004, 03:02 PM
they dont make them any more if u go to the sights and look at the bike lists they only 4 stroke
and some of u know i am building a 125 soon and i went around to dealships and looking on how much they are new and the dont have then any where the got o5 four strokes but no 2 strokes

muddy400EX
09-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
they dont make them any more if u go to the sights and look at the bike lists they only 4 stroke
and some of u know i am building a 125 soon and i went around to dealships and looking on how much they are new and the dont have then any where the got o5 four strokes but no 2 strokes

do you mean they dont make two strokes dirtbikes? cuz they still are, they have some at my dealerships and they are still on all the sites of brands that make them. i love 2 strokes and i hope they can find a way to keep makin them.

QuadJunkies
09-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
You will still be able to race them, just factories will either have to meet new emitions laws, or they can not manufacture them. yeah.... right. Give Em time. they will chase the 2 strokes off the tracks too. Even the lil guys....:grr:

muddy400EX
09-03-2004, 06:52 PM
i just looked through the main brands and only honda doesnt have any 2's for '05. everyone else does tho. why would honda do that.

I-7
09-03-2004, 08:59 PM
They still are going to be making 2 strokes. The only reason the 05's arent on honda's site is because they havent released their final lineup yet. Yamaha totally redid the 250 and especially the 125 two stroke. They have aluminium frames and the motors are totally new and improved. They are never going to be able to totally outlaw the use of 2 strokes but they probably will eventually outlaw the manufacturing of certain models that don't meet the emission standards.

muddy400EX
09-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
They still are going to be making 2 strokes. The only reason the 05's arent on honda's site is because they havent released their final lineup yet. Yamaha totally redid the 250 and especially the 125 two stroke. They have aluminium frames and the motors are totally new and improved. They are never going to be able to totally outlaw the use of 2 strokes but they probably will eventually outlaw the manufacturing of certain models that don't meet the emission standards.

ya thats what i was thinkin after awhile is that they are just not done yet. thats good cuz if honda stopped makin 2's then that would make mad:macho

Honda400exrox
09-03-2004, 09:19 PM
if they put oil pans in 2strokes they wouldnt smoke as much then theyd beable to keep them wouldnt they?