PDA

View Full Version : Houser A arms/swing arms (whats the best width and length for xc and some mx????

thexjkid02
09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Well guys I am gonna get some houser A arms and a swingarm but I dont know what length and width I should get I do mostly cross country stuff so I dont wanna go super wide but I also ride motocross once in a while on some local tracks. I know I want to get the long travel A arms and elkas all around but I dont know how wide I should go (+1,+2,+3) or if I should run a stock length swinger or extended??? what do you guys think???

WhiteZee
09-03-2004, 01:16 PM
theres really no reason to buy a new swinger, just get the elka rear shock with the LT linkage. i would get the houser +.5'' LT front end.

thexjkid02
09-04-2004, 12:46 AM
what about going with a wider rear axle?? I read about one forget which company that you can change the width, like its adjustable? I just wanna get this thing down low and a little wider for some more stability, I'm a big guy and I gotta lower my center of gravity a bit.... whats regulation width for XC and MX racing? just wondering, and do you think I would have big problems in the woods at some of the XC races if I was like +1 or +2?????

WhiteZee
09-04-2004, 09:16 AM
i almost have problems in some spots on my stock width. you do not want to go any wider then you possibley can. my width is 50 inchs. if you get an axle, id go with a RPM, they are adjustable to like -1/+1.

YamaWarr0121
09-04-2004, 09:23 AM
I think you'd lke a +1 set up with 4:1 wheels, that'd bring you probably right back around stock width, with some sag in there you'll be low and in control, and handle a whole lot better on the mx track then you'd ever believe. Keep the stock swinger, no problems yet on the 450Rs, and go with an elka linkage kit and their longtravel rear shock. For axles, go with an RPM dominator adj axle, and make it even with the front end with the spacers it comes with. You will most undoubtedly love your new ride..

thexjkid02
09-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys, Any other opinions???