PDA

View Full Version : Oversized head Studs?

starky
09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Where can i buy the oversized head stud kit for my 440ex. And if you have there phone # or website i would appreciate it. Thanks

TC426EX
09-03-2004, 07:26 AM
The best place to buy them from is East Coast ATV. You can get their number off the website I have listed below on the bottom of the first page. The kit is 90 bucks and comes out to just under 100 shipped. Worth every penny. I made the mistake of just heli coiling my studs at first and it still blew head gaskets. Oversize studs are where its at and its pretty much mandatory on a built bike with compression...

www.eastcoastatv.com

sickmojave
09-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
The best place to buy them from is East Coast ATV. You can get their number off the website I have listed below on the bottom of the first page. The kit is 90 bucks and comes out to just under 100 shipped. Worth every penny. I made the mistake of just heli coiling my studs at first and it still blew head gaskets. Oversize studs are where its at and its pretty much mandatory on a built bike with compression...

www.eastcoastatv.com

Can a person install these at home or are they something that needs to be done by a pro?:confused: