PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Frances!

Giz400ex
09-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Good luck to everyone that has to deal with this storm. I hope everything pans out! Our Prayers are with ya!

400ex men
09-02-2004, 06:19 PM
me to and thinks:)

JUSTINcredible
09-02-2004, 07:01 PM
i dotn know how you guys could just sit and wait knowing that a storm of that size is heading right towards you. here the worst storm that we would have to worry about would be tornadoes and those dont come around to often, and when they do you only have a few minutes to sit and think about whats coming towards you.

all i can say is run for your lives!:p

good luck to all of u down there:)

09-02-2004, 07:44 PM
I live in the Northeastern part of Palm Beach County. We are boarded up and praying for the best. If the roof gets ripped off I have my helmet standing by to protect my head. If it is really bad assuming we don't get killed my quad might be the only way to get around. THANKS for all of the prayers and well wishes.

2001-400ex'er
09-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Arent you gonna be evactuating?

09-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
Arent you gonna be evactuating?

No, madatory evacuation is only if you live close to the beach. I live about 9 miles in land. Plus there is about 1,000,000 poeple evacuating. It is rediculous. All of the gas stations are out of gas. You can't find a flashlight, plywood or batteries anywere. Also the highways are so grid locked they said on the news it was taking between 16 and 18 hours to get to Georgia when normally it takes about 5 1/2 hours from West Palm Beach. Cars are running out of gas on the way because there is none to buy. I will stay here and hope for the best. Hopefully you will hear from me again after it is all over. I am sure we will go a while without power. I hope it won't be for too long, but it might be weeks before we have it restored. If not having electricity is my biggest problem after the storm passes I will be happy. A lot of people on the west coast that got hit by Charley lost their homes and their jobs it one shot. I hope that isn't me.

Brad
09-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
No, madatory evacuation is only if you live close to the beach. I live about 9 miles in land. Plus there is about 1,000,000 poeple evacuating. It is rediculous. All of the gas stations are out of gas. You can't find a flashlight, plywood or batteries anywere. Also the highways are so grid locked they said on the news it was taking between 16 and 18 hours to get to Georgia when normally it takes about 5 1/2 hours from West Palm Beach. Cars are running out of gas on the way because there is none to buy. I will stay here and hope for the best. Hopefully you will hear from me again after it is all over. I am sure we will go a while without power. I hope it won't be for too long, but it might be weeks before we have it restored. If not having electricity is my biggest problem after the storm passes I will be happy. A lot of people on the west coast that got hit by Charley lost their homes and their jobs it one shot. I hope that isn't me.

well if theres no one there...ride the 450r around town:p

Brad
09-02-2004, 10:24 PM
oh and my x-girlfriend lives in satelite beach 3 feet away from a channel that goes directly out to the atlantic she called me the other day scarred shatless about this, she said its gonna be a possible week or 2 off of school if the storms bad enough(causes enough damage). shes going to melborne to a hotel for the storm, but i guess there in the line of fire too....:(

Big400EX
09-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Im with Brad, I would say to ride around town on the quad, that would be pretty cool, lol. Just hope for the best, and be safe :)

09-03-2004, 06:40 AM
If it is really bad my 4X4 Blazer or 450R will be needed to get around.

I-7
09-03-2004, 06:59 AM
I heard it weakend to a category 3 but its still gonna be a hard hitter :eek2:

09-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
I heard it weakend to a category 3 but its still gonna be a hard hitter :eek2:

You are correct, but it has also slowed down. Usually when they slow down they gain strength. It is also going over the Bahamas right now. Once it gets back over open water it will probably get stronger before it makes land fall in Florida.

Florida400EX
09-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
I live in the Northeastern part of Palm Beach County. We are boarded up and praying for the best. If the roof gets ripped off I have my helmet standing by to protect my head. If it is really bad assuming we don't get killed my quad might be the only way to get around. THANKS for all of the prayers and well wishes.

My house has no shutters or roof straps, good thing i have a shoei! haha only kidding we are goin to a shelter.

09-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
My house has no shutters or roof straps, good thing i have a shoei! haha only kidding we are goin to a shelter.

Don't laugh I have 2 of my helmets in the room we are going to ride out the storm incase the roof comes off to protect mine and my wifes heads.