PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating and gussets ?

wscotthougland
04-08-2002, 05:35 AM
I am thinking of getting my quad powder coated and Found a guy that does it close to where I live. He said that he could do normal colors for $125-$150 range and wild ones for $175-$225 range. Does that seem like fair prices?
Should I go ahead and get my frame gusseted before I get it powered coated? I mainly ride on trails and hit some small jumps, also planning on racing some hair scrambles. If I should get it done, anyone know a place that does it around southern Indiana? What does it typically cost and what are all the place they weld?

thanks Scott

ChadEXer
04-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Find you a good machine shop and they will do it. my friend at the machine shop charged me $25 to gusset mine.
The powder shop here is charging me to do everything in my sig for $200. thats 2 custom colors and EVERYTHING you can take off powdercoated. Thats a great deal!!

BadA$$440
04-09-2002, 12:50 PM
Im not trying to sound like a d!ck to you chad, i mean your cool and all but every time you post something, your ALWAYS bragging about your sponsors and how cheap you get everything. your making me JEALOUS!!!!!!! Oh back to topic, yes that is a good deal scott, i dont think you would really have to gusset your frame except maybe the sub frame and shock mounts.

lata

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Hey dude why dont you stick a cork in your *****. Dont be jealous its gonna be OK. Im letting people know how cheap i can get their frames powdercoated and gusseted if anybody needs a place to send it too. Get over it:grr

CBW
04-09-2002, 04:41 PM
that is cool chad..........i know he was cheaper than i was i dont have a problem with that.......but everyboday has to understand that i do stuff as cheap as i can,,,,,,cause why should i loose money on powder, electricity, stripper and /or sandblasting,,,,so somebody can have an awsome frame, which everybody should have. All i want is to pay for the consumable materials, electricity,,,,,,,,,and maybe (heaven forbid),,,even make a little off it. I am a small shop and every piece is done by me,,,,,,,the larger shops have the luxury of possibly sticking your frame and other misc parts in with a batch of stuff being done the same color or whatever....or even stick it on the conveyor and just make an extra 200 that day...........sorry for the length but i was just letting everybody know.........and i think 125 for a standard color frame and 30 to strip is fair enough,,,,,,,,,dont you?

Honda Guy
04-09-2002, 06:11 PM
whats gesset? where they put on more welding? Can you do it your self (or if you know a good welder) Does it help that much I plan on doing a little bit of MX racing when I get my new shocks so should I get my sub frame done or get the frame and sub frame done.

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 06:28 PM
Chris you do awesome work and everybody knows that! You helped me out a lot and answered a lot of questions for me and i greatly appreciate it. I didnt think about it but it might seem like im trying to take some work from you! I didnt intend at all for it to seem that way and I dont want to take work from you.
Sorry
Chad

And like you say you are just a small shop there,,,there is a guy that owns a small shop here and he wanted $475 to do all that,,so your prices are pretty damned awesome and i think your awesome for helping out the EXRiders!

CBW
04-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Chad,,,,,,,,no i did not think at all.........i was just saying why i charge the way i do,,,,,,,,,no problems:D :D