PDA

View Full Version : How do I put my rear lowering kit on..

LaSalleKid
09-02-2004, 12:50 PM
I bought a dura blue and I got the front one on, but Im not sure how to install the rear. It looks like a "U" except it looks more like "!_!" Anyone have any photos of them on, or can you explain to me how?

400ex men
09-02-2004, 01:04 PM
can you a pic of it? and the back of your bike by the shock i post a pic if 1 but its on my 400ex:)

400ex men
09-02-2004, 01:06 PM
i can post a pic 1 but its on my 400

400ex men
09-02-2004, 01:11 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/pd6d4e55495ab711d1e807bd4b2d17d40/f7376edb.jpg

ozark450
09-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Look under the bike, what you are putting in replaces the stock linkage the is connecting from the frame to the lower shock mounting block thing, sorry for not using the correct name. Depending on what lowering kit you bought you should be able to just unbolt the one on their and slide this new piece in it's place.

I have the same setup as what you are trying to describe I think.

James

(edit)

oops I read you bought the Durablue, It should work the same way as what I have though...

LaSalleKid
09-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Man I have everything right. I took off the old linkage and Im trying to get the inside out. I got the metal pin out and now im trying for the bushing. The bushings will NOT come out!! It has mud and dirt caked in it.. I dunno what to do? Buy another bearing ..or w/e its called ? Im gonna keep pounding on it.. if anything happens ill let you know.

Ralph
09-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by LaSalleKid
Man I have everything right. I took off the old linkage and Im trying to get the inside out. I got the metal pin out and now im trying for the bushing. The bushings will NOT come out!! It has mud and dirt caked in it.. I dunno what to do? Buy another bearing ..or w/e its called ? Im gonna keep pounding on it.. if anything happens ill let you know.

the bearings are expensive, take a small screw driver and pop the seals out, then puch the collars out and find a socked that has the same diameter of bearings. then try to push them out like that or maybe even hammer them out, best thing is to put it in a press or maybe u can use a vice. good luck...