PDA

View Full Version : whats a good project bike

sam the brave
09-01-2004, 08:11 PM
well i got the ok from my mom to get an old 125 dirt bike and fix it up and trick it out for a winter rebuild
but i have nver rode a 125 so how is the power on them
are they a lot less than the 250s cuz i ahve rode a few 250s
and what are some good aftermarket parts to put on one including in the engine

mud390
09-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a fun project. I've got a 91 KX125 I'm in the process of fixing up right now. Research the model that you are looking at. I didn't and now I know that only 2 years really interchange for all the major parts on my bike, which can make things difficult. That aside, I would definitely recommend a pipe and silencer. I've got a FMF Fatty pipe and Power-Core 2 silencer and love it. I would also recommend a kill switch. Personal experience. Trust me! 125's are fun, but can be peaky depending on how you build them. Just keep them in their powerband and hang on for a fun ride. Good luck!

Kris

sam the brave
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
well a friends dad got me to do it i have been helping him a bit with his project rm80 and it is fun as hell so i wann do my own project and i fell more cumfy on a bike than a quad cuz i am tall but like riding quads more

bansheeguy77
09-02-2004, 07:44 AM
125s have very peaky power....u will think its the slowest pos your ever ridden up until like 8500 rpm...then it rips your arms out.

WOracing
09-02-2004, 08:50 AM
lol i had a dream last night that i sold my 450r (:rolleyes: :p ) and bought a rm125 and i was going around my track and i hit one of the doubles and i got shot like 50ft in the aor and when i landed i was sideways:huh ...it was fun when i woke up i wanted a bike