PDA

View Full Version : Which nerfs?

mud390
09-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I've heard good things about AC pro pegs and also Pro Armor, but I'm undecided as to which one. What do y'all think? Give some feedback and experiences with either one. Fit, finish, and install thoughts would be great too! Thanks!

Kris

nky400
09-01-2004, 06:46 PM
I have Pro Armor. they are real nice. they look good, hold up good and are very strong. installation was pretty basic... the front does mount to the bottom-rear a arm mount.
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4349883/54306885.jpg
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4349883/54306860.jpg

TC426EX
09-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Im running the pro armors and have mixed feelings.. I love the fit and finish, but dont like the fact you can never run pro pegs with them. Mine are also bent back toward the rear tires on both sides so that a 20" tire really wont clear the back of them. Luckily I have 18's for MX and its not a big issue, but Im definitely gonna be in the market for a new set for next season... I would honestly get the AC propegs between those 2. The BEST nerfs out right now seem to be the new X-FACTOR Pro-Pegs... They have the best pro peg setup and have super beefy construction that should be very durable. Seeiing that X-factor is made by HMF, quality and fit+finish should be top notch on them. I reccomend the X-Factors over both you listed...

400ex28
09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Get some AC's yo :cool:

nosliw
09-01-2004, 07:52 PM
love mine. sorry dont have close up

http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=5712

mine are dg alloy fat series

400EXCHAD
09-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Get the Tusk nerfs from Rocky Mountain. Strong as hell and look killer....great product. and $106.00 delivered to your front door!

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Im not fond of the AC heel guard myself, I lie kthe proection of the PRO Armor better with a Rath steel foot peg.....

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Im running the pro armors and have mixed feelings.. I love the fit and finish, but dont like the fact you can never run pro pegs with them. Mine are also bent back toward the rear tires on both sides so that a 20" tire really wont clear the back of them. Luckily I have 18's for MX and its not a big issue, but Im definitely gonna be in the market for a new set for next season... I would honestly get the AC propegs between those 2. The BEST nerfs out right now seem to be the new X-FACTOR Pro-Pegs... They have the best pro peg setup and have super beefy construction that should be very durable. Seeiing that X-factor is made by HMF, quality and fit+finish should be top notch on them. I reccomend the X-Factors over both you listed... X factors do look like some good stuff!!!! I know Pro Armor is starting a line up of some sort of Pro Peg for the newer quads :)

mud390
09-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Where can I find these X-factors to take a look at them? HMF's website didn't have anything about them.

Kris

hondarider2006
09-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Seeiing that X-factor is made by HMF, quality and fit+finish should be top notch on them. I reccomend the X-Factors over both you listed...

Not to diss on HMF or anything, but how do you figure that just because X-Factor is made by them, that the fit is gonna be top notch?? When I went to install my HMF slip-on, I had to re-drill the mounting hole in the top gracket, and it took a huge @$$ rubber mallet to get it on. Pretty much nothing but a pain. Don't get me wrong, there products are awsome, but I wouldn't say the fit is "top notch"

TC426EX
09-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Well, I am from NE ohio and about 25 minutes from HMF headquarters. Ive been down to their shop and even though Im not running their exhaust now since I run MX, I do know they pay close attention to detail. Also, although I dont doubt that you had a problem mounting your pipe, Just about eveyone else in the ATV community praises their products as being some of the best constructed out. I have seen the X-factors in action and know they are some of the most solid looking nerfs Ive seen and definietly have the best pro peg setup out. Keep in mind that I dont run the HMF products so its not like Im giving a partial opinion or that I have an interest in supporting them. I just know that the next set of nerfs I get will be X-Factors for sure...

Florida400EX
09-03-2004, 11:11 PM
I'll sell my perfect condition pro-armor nerfs with yellow nets for $150 shipped.