PDA

View Full Version : Prm Skidplate Fix

Honda Guy
04-07-2002, 08:22 PM
I no a couple of guys in here had the same problem as me on a 400EX ac standared nerf bars and a prm full skid, where the nerf connect there is a skid mount and with out it rattles a little at 3/4 thottle so I took off my nerfs and put the bracket on and figured out theres no way to put them on becide maybe weld the nuts on to the bottom of the bracked(to big of a project for this) so I took to zip ties put them together and went though the brackets tighted them with a zip tie tightener(yes they actually make them) went just before breaking point and it actually works.

K_Fulk
04-07-2002, 09:26 PM
I got some of the padding they put under truck caps. And put it on the skid plate where the frame rails sit. And just left the middle mount off.

sieg400ex
04-08-2002, 07:53 AM
I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to put the skid plates on. I have the AC Propegs and the one middle mount goes right down the middle of the crossbar on the nerfs. What I did was I took the nerfs off of the quad in order to get the mount in there. Then I tightened the nuts down as much as it could so as much as the bolt is showing. Then I took a small hacksaw and cut the bolts as close to the nut as possible. You can also take a Sawzall (The thing thats a demolition tool that you can change the blades to cut wood or metal) if the hacksaw doesn't fit in there. Then I put the nerfs on. It took a little effort to put the nerfs back on but it works pretty well and it doesn't rattle or anything. Those skids are real nice, I would recomend them to anybody.

Greg:devil

Honda Guy
04-08-2002, 01:49 PM
the zip tie trick works good ands not to messy