PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Bar name.....

JhallettEX
09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Myself and a partner just purchased a bar/building downtown Lincoln, Ne. We are working on re-opening the bar that used to be there, however the both of us have different visions of what to do and what to name it. I am needing some help, I want a really catchy name, something that eveyone will like. My first idea was "Rubber Beaver & Liquor" ( Rub her beaver & Lick Her) Ha Ha, I don't think the Liquor Commision will quite go for that so then I thaught about "Chuggers", Jamie, my partner, doesn't like that and he wants "Captain Jacks". What do you all think. What are good Bar names in your area?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/pb76550fbc18b672f5f69911d69c60043/f72fa202.jpg.thumb

PHAT400
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Will it be just your average watering hole or a theme bar?

JhallettEX
09-01-2004, 02:29 PM
It will just be your regular downtown college bar. I really dont have a theme or anything to go with, really dont want one. He is really pushin for a Jimmy Buffet type atmosphere, which is fine, I would like that outside in our beer garden, NOT inside. Just shoot out some ideas.

09-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Wow long time since I seen you on here Jhallet...:eek2:

Call it beaver liquers...:macho

JhallettEX
09-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Ya, I get on and browse from time to time.......reading all this and seeing all these pictures is making me want to get back into riding, remember my accident? Its been almost two years since my legs were wraped around a engine.

ghak99
09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
I can't really give ya a good name, but I saw this sign behind a bar in Cinncinati a few years back. "Drink till she's beautiful"

zephead400ex
09-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Emerson Biggins

If I ever open a bar or club the name will be The Zeporium:devil:

insaneracin2003
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
i would go with " Sidelines "

JUSTINcredible
09-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Stumble Inn

p@iNn3ck
09-01-2004, 03:21 PM
We actually have a bar here called the Stumble Inn, just like the song.....

My old second home was the Waterin Hole...

could be the Pok-er Hole?

The Wet Hole

Soakitin Cider .... er, Bar

Ill drive out to visit if u call it DrinksOntheHouse Bar and Grill

p@iNn3ck
09-01-2004, 03:22 PM
oh oh oh Exriders Bar and grill :devil: :devil:

or the wHoleshot

insaneracin2003
09-01-2004, 03:23 PM
in houston,we have 2 bars named
Nowhere Lounge
Somewhere Lounge

wilkin250r
09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
The name isn't near so important as the atmosphere. One of the most popular college bars around here has a gay name, it's called "The Little Waldorf Saloon". Everybody just calls it "The Wall"

Avoid anything that might suggest a theme if you don't have one. If it's not a country bar, don't name it "Rodeo Rock". Other than that, I don't think a catchy name will make you any more popular than a generic name. Some of the more popular bars in my area have standard names, "Rick's", "Shooters", "The Breakaway Lounge". People aren't attracted to names, their attracted to atmosphere. If you have the atmosphere, word of mouth will get around. I wouldn't stress over the name too much.

blueskyy
09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Roostin Lounge

Quad18star
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Our 3 big bars around here are called The Grand ( used to be a theatre aka The Grand Theatre) , Cactus Pete's mostly know as Cactus and my fave Yesturdaze .

My friends are planning on buying a bar and calling it " One Night Stand"

Try and see if you can name it ... The Sweet Spot !!!

Giz400ex
09-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Sneaky Pete's, Jillians, Baja's, Nothern Lights! Really you should have a somewhat of a theme to the bar, like if its gonna be a sports bar, then pick a name that has something to do with sports, other ex., bikes, trucks, planes, boobs!!! Whatever you pick for a theme, it should narrow down choices for a name. Good luck with it:D

BOONE450R
09-01-2004, 08:21 PM
call it (your place) that realy f's people up when you tell them to meet you there . cool i thought

nakomis0
09-01-2004, 10:42 PM
I always like the name 'Frosy Mug'

Its kinda mouth watering isn't it.:blah:

crday98
09-03-2004, 01:02 AM
the name does seem to have an affect but the atmosphere is the most important thing.make sure you have a few t.v.'s to brodcast sports,pool tables and dart boards.if you plan to serve food,that is a big bonus too.there are many bars in my area and the places with the stuff i mentioned are the places that get the most business.i know the basic point of going to a bar is to drink but if i can go to a bar and get drunk while not missing a game,it makes it more worthwhile.if you have a pool table and dart board or two,then you'll develop your regualrs that come there to shoot every week or even every night.as for the name,there is a local place simply named DA Bar.it is funny when someone says "hey,lets go to DA Bar"and you get someone who never heard about it and says "which one?" like i said "DA Bar":D