PDA

View Full Version : Holeshots or Razrs

exrider44
09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
What does everyone like better for tires Holeshots or Razrs?

400exvet
09-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Depends on what you want. I XC race with Razr 2's and swear by them....my buddy races right with me and uses holeshot XCs and he swears by them. They are both 6 ply. I have had rocks and trees poke holes and slice open my Razr's and he has had the same happen to his. The Holeshots are a little cheaper. The Razr 2's on the rear grip a little better. That's about the only difference I can tell. I don't know the differences for MX. Although, I have heard that the holeshots fly further :D .

WhiteZee
09-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exvet
Depends on what you want. I XC race with Razr 2's and swear by them....my buddy races right with me and uses holeshot XCs and he swears by them. They are both 6 ply. I have had rocks and trees poke holes and slice open my Razr's and he has had the same happen to his. The Holeshots are a little cheaper. The Razr 2's on the rear grip a little better. That's about the only difference I can tell. I don't know the differences for MX. Although, I have heard that the holeshots fly further :D .
well said, its all about what YOU want. theres not much difference in performance, the R2's may last a little longer......

southbeach14
09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 400exvet

i think the h-d tires are just as good or better than the razr 2

WhiteZee
09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
im going to ask for some new H-D's for my birthday, they look dirtay.

southbeach14
09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
moto-man.com thats where to get them

jb500ex
09-01-2004, 08:11 PM
razr'2's are the worst gripping tire. if you try both you will notice the holeshots grab much better

Bad Ass TA WS6
09-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
razr'2's are the worst gripping tire.

:confused:
Sure dude, they are by far the worst.:rolleyes:

I think either tire will give you about what you want. I like the Razr2s for the mix of trail that I ride.

The perfect XC tire, they handle some of the mud pits I have to go through pretty amazingly..

thump4863
09-01-2004, 10:11 PM
I've tried numerous combinations and have gone with the Razr 2s up front with the Razr 1s in the rear. I like the razr 1s in the back so I can slide it around a lot easier than the 2s.

sethg
09-02-2004, 08:30 AM
We have 1 450R with Razr2 front and back and 1 450R with XCRs front and back.

Holeshots wear faster for sure. They are also a lot more comfortable due to the softness in the ride. Razr2's bite better in front and are better in hardpack, but not sand. Its kinda a wash when you consider a 2 hr long race

jb500ex
09-02-2004, 10:47 PM
bad *** ta
"The perfect XC tire, they handle some of the mud pits I have to go through pretty amazingly"

have you tried the holeshots, its funny that some people will say they are perfect without trying both. and thump4863 razr 1's are good but i think they are only 4 ply which makes them a little shacky for xc style riding unless you spring for tire balls

Bad Ass TA WS6
09-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
have you tried the holeshots, its funny that some people will say they are perfect without trying both. and thump4863 razr 1's are good but i think they are only 4 ply which makes them a little shacky for xc style riding unless you spring for tire balls [/B]

I haven't had them on my 450R, but on my 400. I'm not saying I don't like them. You just said that Razr 2s are the worst gripping tire. That's laughable...

IMO, these grip great in all the conditions I ride in, and they seem to have outlasted the Holeshots buy a good bit.

My point was, these tires are really closely matched. I'm surprised the Razr2s handle the mud pits I have to go through, the big trucks really dig them up. I haven't gotten stuck yet.

I say spring for the Razr 2s first, I'm going to get another set after these for sure.

09-03-2004, 04:46 PM
i have a regular set of razr's 4 ply on my 450r & they hook up awesome & i reccommend them...the razr 2's seemed a little too heavy & too aggressive for me