PDA

View Full Version : insane truck video

tat900
09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
http://www.kastawayz.com/whats_new.html

derekhonda
09-01-2004, 12:14 PM
looks just like people inflicting damage on their trucks. Laying frame at 60 mph on the highway for minutes on end? wow, that takes talent...

sickmojave
09-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
looks just like people inflicting damage on their trucks. Laying frame at 60 mph on the highway for minutes on end? wow, that takes talent...

But it looks cool :rolleyes:

TM426
09-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Thats not their frame they put blocks under their frame to spark. I saw it before on trucks.

quadrcr161
09-01-2004, 12:27 PM
wow, that takes talent...

takes a little more then just letting the air out. you have to have it just right or it beats the hell out of the truck and you. on top of that it takes some money and knowledge to build it right so you dont screwup your suspension.

derekhonda
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
i guess i just dont understand what the point is. ahhh lowriders...:rolleyes:

tat900
09-01-2004, 12:43 PM
"We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks... we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done."

GoOn3
09-01-2004, 01:01 PM
looks like a bunch of dudes trying to outrun the cops and ran over tire spikes, but still keep running.

quadrcr161
09-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by tat900
"We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks... we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done."

R.I.P.

i guess i just dont understand what the point is. ahhh lowriders...:rolleyes:

why do people buy the top of the line sport atv's to go putt around in the wood with it? people have hobbies and like to have something to show off. goes both ways. ive got friends with tons of money into cars but never drive them. and i see people buying 660 raptors, yfz's and 450r that never plan on riding it to the level it was built for.

tat900
09-01-2004, 01:13 PM
scott dont hate on riding :p i try ot ride at your level

quadrcr161
09-01-2004, 01:23 PM
not hating, just pointing out some things. :blah:

right now i dont have a level, im so out of shape if i dont fall back too far im happy.

edit: that quote will live on forever, it is a true deffinition of a real minitrucker.

400exrules
09-01-2004, 02:59 PM
ok that was about the dumbest thing ive ever seen...thanks for wasting my time

Cody_300ex
09-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I would love to see one those sparks to some how blow there gas tank and start blowing them all up kinda in a domino effect. JMO :o

AtvMxRider
09-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will spring a leak in the gas tank:rolleyes:

WOracing
09-01-2004, 04:22 PM
i dont get why everyone on this site hates low rider trucks....

sleestack71
09-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Wow that was so wild, I don't know how I will be able to sleep from all the excitement.

bluebaron
09-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by WOracing

I dont know, but to me, if its a 4x4, lift it, and for 2wd it can either way. imo......

derekhonda
09-01-2004, 09:10 PM

i just know from my experience, low riders arent good for much. Some of my friends have their lowered cars and trucks, and to be honest, im tired of pushing and pulling them out when they get stuck. We go camping alot, and sometimes get rough winters, and they like to think their cars are capable of something they arent. Its pathetic. Why lower a car or truck and take away things such as clearance, and then get pissed off when you get stuck in a flat dirt field, or their tires are too "street" to grip well on ice? Honestly, maybe if i live in a place where it never snowed, and all the roads were flat and even, and their was never a cornfield in sight to turn off on, i could see a point in having one, but i dont see the point in what they were doing, and i would never do that to a truck of mine.

JR3
09-01-2004, 09:17 PM
i think sum look cool but if its a 4x4 lift it heres my friends low rider http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/100_1723.jpg

honda92
09-01-2004, 10:02 PM
trucks should be lifted in my mind, but different strokes for different folks

veddersbetter
09-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Next time your backed up in traffic in a construction zone for hours on end....thank the *********s who think its fun to tear up the road

by the way..nothing against lowrider trucks...throw a good motor in one and your alright by me...

stocktires
09-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Should have mine dragging soon. Will be shaved and system done around the same time. Paint it, then maybe play with the motor some more.
I just love custom trucks, high or low. I'd love to finish my truck and buy a 4-door HD Z71.
Lowered trucks defiantly suck to own. Thats what bags are for, ADJUSTABLE.
derek, don't blame lowered vehicles, blame your idiot friends. My best friend is that same way. He's got a slamed mazda b2200 and just tears it up because he doesn't care. His whole rear right shock and both leafs are destroyed. His 400ex is almost as bad

stocktires
09-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by veddersbetter
Next time your backed up in traffic in a construction zone for hours on end....thank the *********s who think its fun to tear up the road

Lowered trucks don't tear up the road. Not NEARLY as much as huge trucks that get off on running over crap. 18 wheelers, u hauls, and flat bead trucks are the worst.

F-16Guy
09-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Nice. No wonder the I-10's always closed; they're busy fixing these idiots' drag marks. That's a nice use of our resources when someone calls 911 for a car fire or wreck because all they see is a huge wall of sparks. Whatever.:rolleyes:

seatec
09-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by tat900

Is that the official low-rider manifesto?:D

It's great to know that you are ruining our streets that we pay our tax money on and make it so that those roads have to be re-done sooner and cause congestion. very cool. a real contribution to society.

seatec
09-02-2004, 11:24 AM
saw a bumper sticker on a lifted truck the other day saying " Low riders are for guys who can't get it UP":devil:

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by seatec
Is that the official low-rider manifesto?:D

no it is a quote from the president if intense gravity, he was kill in a car accident a few yrs ago by a drunk driver.

and if you have never been around a bagged truck you would know, IT DOSE NOT MESS UP THE ROAD. your dragging a flat piece of metal across it. no damage is done.

spud400ex
09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by TM426
Thats not their frame they put blocks under their frame to spark. I saw it before on trucks.

they have titanium blocks under them so they make the sparks.

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 11:42 AM
some use block, but others just use frame, you can get the same thing out of both.

derekhonda
09-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
and if you have never been around a bagged truck you would know, IT DOSE NOT MESS UP THE ROAD. your dragging a flat piece of metal across it. no damage is done.

Ok hot shot, where do the sparks come from? OH YEAH, FROM THE FRICTION BETWEEN THE ROAD AND THE METAL. There is damage being done, dont be a fool.

tat900
09-02-2004, 11:55 AM
hey derek why ar eu amd cuase mom wont let u pimp out the geo metro

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok hot shot, where do the sparks come from? OH YEAH, FROM THE FRICTION BETWEEN THE ROAD AND THE METAL. There is damage being done, dont be a fool.

:rolleyes:
the sparks come from friction, yes but its the metal or the blocks wearing down. the road in front of my house has been dragged by my truck and my friends trucks. you cant tell it if you walk in the middle of the road. we have even gotten out and tried to look for marks but couldnt really see much,
greenville ms, home of showfest has tons of people dragging day and night every year but they dont have to redo the road all the time.

sleestack71
09-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I would love to be the cop to bust their asses.

You know, you don't have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to know that sparking right infront and onto the gas tank is not a good idea.

Imagine putting a huge hot grind/sparking machine right under your quad's gas tank, you would be an idiot to do that but....

derekhonda
09-02-2004, 01:35 PM
OK, i just tested this out, took a screw driver, pushed down and dragged it down my road, yes it scratched up the screw driver, yes it left a mark on the road.

And no tat, i do not drive a geo metro

http://www.angelfire.com/ill/derekkries/PICTURE_DEREKSDODGE_14.jpg

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 02:04 PM
the link is dead.

a screwdriver is pointed, go find a pc of 2x3 channel and drag that. you might have a mark but its not eating the road way like others claim.

I would love to be the cop to bust their asses.
i could say the same about kids ridding atvs on the roads, and kids under 16 yrs old riding atvs that the law says is too big for them. its illegal also and not good for the sport.

in every hobbie you have someone thats going to do stupid this and that is what will be noticed. me and friends have dragged our trucks, but they were built safe and done when noone else is around. i could complain that lifted truck are a road hazard because they can crush cars and unsafe being that tall. they are also a threat to the enviroment because they burn more fuel and if they do go off road they are damageing the soil and causing erosion

see, bad things can be said from every point of view. you might not like it but respect the persons view and the work they put into it, its just somones hobbie. open your eyes and you might find out you enjoy more things in life.

derekhonda
09-02-2004, 02:17 PM
you guys are all right, im dropping my truck to the ground this weekend, thanks for changing my mind....:rolleyes:

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 02:25 PM
ive never tried to change your mind, just trying to make you look past your hate of something you know nothing about. like i said i could talk about how lifted trucks should be illegal and shouldnt be on the road because they are dangerous. and how your a stupid redneck for lifting it but have been around lifted trucks and can see the work someone puts into it. some look great lifted, and some trucks look good lowered. its all about a persons opinion, but to get a real opinion you need to have some knowledge about what your talking about and some experience around it.

400exrules
09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
lifted trucks should be illegal and shouldnt be on the road because they are dangerous. and how your a stupid redneck for lifting it but

yah and i could say how your a gay ***get ricer wanna be but im not gonna say it :rolleyes: ....

i just dont understand the mentality of ppl that do that stuff...ok lets make our truck as close to the ground as possible so it makes it seem like were going super fast, and so we can tear the sh*t out of the bottom of it when we go over speed bumps, hey lets go a step further and just put the truck on the ground so it makes super narly sparks like were on fire :cool: , it makes us badasses

and lifted trucks are actually not as dangerous as you want them to be if u know how to drive, if they were that dangerous, they wouldnt be street legal, to let you know

im ready, hit me with your comebacks on how im closed minded and stuff, i dont care

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 03:07 PM
yah and i could say how your a gay ***get ricer wanna be but im not gonna say it ....
how am i a gay ricer? i respect anything modded, even if it isnt my taste i look beyond the work they did, unless they just dropped it off at a shop to be built.

i just dont understand the mentality of ppl that do that stuff

there are tons of things people do everyday that i dont see why they do it,who know? does it bother me? nope

and lifted trucks are actually not as dangerous as you want them to be if u know how to drive, if they were that dangerous, they wouldnt be street legal, to let you know

yes the can, thats why in most states there is a height limit, just like a lowered limit. anyone can have a wreck, and most of the time a truck isnt lifted right because someone dosent want to spend the amount of money it takes to do it right. the extra height of the truck gives it more body roll, and takes away handeling. also with the wider tires if follows the ruts in the road worse, esp when people dont put on a steering stabalizer. when a lifted truck is in an accident with a passenger car it can kill the people in the car because the car will rip away the suspension and the body hits the cabin area of the car. how would you like to bein the car looking at the door james of the truck next to you?

ive never said i was against lifted or lowered trucks, i just stated people could say the same claims about them as you say about lowered trucks.

derekhonda
09-02-2004, 03:13 PM
my only point it, you lower a truck, you take away things it can do. It cannot leave pavement, you must dodge potholes, you cannot even access many driveways without scraping...

you lift a truck, you gain mobility. It allows you to do more things.

hmm, pay money and lose the ability to do things, or pay money and gain....

tough decision

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 03:22 PM
not really if you bag it right it can lifted to be heigher then stock. i can support more in the bed with my bags then the truck is designed for and your truck also. each of the bags in the rear of my truck are rated for 2800lbs each (most standard bags are 2600lbs for the rear and 2400lbs for the front) thats over 5000lbs of weigth that these were rated at. diesel trucks are setup on a bag design to haul weight. plus its mostly mini's that people are modding, a 2wd nissan/mazda or even s10 is pretty useless at doing most work, right? most of these people have no use for going off road or have any use for towing. potholes are against every car/truck, ive seen mudders get riped on the sidewall by potholes also.

derekhonda
09-02-2004, 04:04 PM
ok, just do me a favor, and spread the word to your lowered truck buddies, dont call me when you get stuck and need someone to chain up and drag your *** out.

stocktires
09-02-2004, 04:08 PM

no crap, because the METAL IS BEING TORN UP.
One question mr.IknoweverythingcauseIsaidso, does asfault make sparks?
Sure, maybe there's a grain or two of asfalt. But what about big trucks that think its cool to run up on curbs and drive on other peoples property?

AtvMxRider
09-02-2004, 04:10 PM
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/plzdie.gif

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 04:11 PM
well, i dont know anyone stupid enough to take a lowered truck off road, thats just too much stupidity. (actually i do know people that dumb but i dont hang out with or deal with them) plus i had a 99 gmc on 33's i just sold my dad to get a 2000 f250 sd. ive also got friends with rock crawlers and tricked out trail jeeps. i dont hang around with one crowd, i have friends that are all into different things.

derekhonda
09-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
no crap, because the METAL IS BEING TORN UP.
One question mr.IknoweverythingcauseIsaidso, does asfault make sparks?
Sure, maybe there's a grain or two of asfalt. But what about big trucks that think its cool to run up on curbs and drive on other peoples property?

I guess i dont know anyone who intentionally drives up on curbs for fun :confused: but i guess if i did acidentally curb MY truck, im not gonna have to get my "body kit" fixed from it being all smashed up. And i also dont drive anywhere i dont belong or have permission to...you guys just dont give up.

one last question, besides they look good (and that is just an opinion based question) what use is there for a lowered truck?

crux131
09-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Boy, there really are tools in every forum.

Minitrucks, 4x4's, hydro'd lowriders with wires, imports, riced out imports, dumbestics......who cares.

1. Only an idiot takes lowered vehicles off roading.
2. If you lift a truck too high, they often become unstreetable, as if you lower one too much( without some form of adjustable suspension ).
3. Anything poorly constructed or thrown together will be a P.O.S.
4. As the owner of one, I can guarantee mazda b2000's were never really intended for any heavy type of truck useage........so bagging it didn't really take away from its functionality, but did make it one hell of a play toy.

I like 4x4's, thought about lifting my GMC Jimmy this coming year, and putting it up on some 32's for fun.....maybe a long travel suspension???? don't know.

I like minitrucks, bagged, bagged and body dropped, just anything done cleanly, I like.

I give respect to the amount of work people put into their cars and trucks making them unique.....I may not like the final product, but I can still learn to appreciate the details.

If all you can do is feel it is a waste, then don't comment, you are definitely not going to change the rest of our minds.....hell, quit reading the threads.....you just know your going to get worked up and lose all your nap time *****ing before your next klan rally anyway. :D I Keeed....

Anyway, build it how you like it, and try to give those who choose a different path, a little respect.......or at least keep you blow whole shut, and leave them alone.

400exrules
09-02-2004, 07:27 PM
But what about big trucks that think its cool to run up on curbs and drive on other peoples property?

wtf kinda town do u live in:huh :huh ...i dont see many trucks drivin through my front yard

oh and everything derekhonda says i agree 100% with

Bubba
09-02-2004, 08:33 PM
just get a grinder, and grind a peice of metal..you get the same cool sparks and its safer :devil:

but i'm not tryin to flame or anything. If lowered trucks are your thing, then more power to you. The ONLY thing i dont agree with is lowered 4wd trucks/suvs, or 4x4 with big rims with lowpro tires.

Fender Bender
09-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Intelligent thread of the month... #1- Lowriders are big bodies on hydraulics. These are trucks, and are called minitrucks

I'll bet the only person here that actually understands the work that goes into minitrucks is stocktires. It costs WAY too much money, and takes WAY too much work to just have our trucks get ragged on.

stocktires
09-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
wtf kinda town do u live in:huh :huh ...i dont see many trucks drivin through my front yard

oh and everything derekhonda says i agree 100% with

A few kids from my school tore up the whole front yard of the school, though it was cool. It happens alot. Every loser around here thinks parking on the curb or running over them is as hardcore as you can get (along with straight pipes on v6 trucks and other gay stuff).
I wasn't saying you or derek would do things like this at all, but it does happen alot, maybe just around here, who knows.
P.S. Body kits are gay and we hate ricers too, lol

Fender, thank you. Don't you have like a 2nd gen s10 or yota? Completely shaved, body droped

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Fender Bender

I'll bet the only person here that actually understands the work that goes into minitrucks is stocktires. It costs WAY too much money, and takes WAY too much work to just have our trucks get ragged on.

he isnt the only one, ive got a shaved body droped nissan and crux131 has a mazda that is almost finished. we both bagged our own and i fabbed up my mounts and my 4 link. i wish i had the time to finish it, but its on the bottom of my list as of now. if stocktires or fenderbender have one send me a link. ill try and dig my streetcourcemag profile up.

Bean
09-02-2004, 10:34 PM
the way i see it is, 2wd should not even be an option on a truck, lowered trucks are straight up gay, pointless pieces of ****, but if you like them, that is cool with me, i could care less what you like, im not the one stuck on a speedbump lookin like a retard in a parking lot or something

quadrcr161
09-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bean
[B]the way i see it is, 2wd should not even be an option on a truck

what about people who have no use for it? who dont like the extra weight up front? the extra matainance that is required to keep up a 4wd truck? and having to use the extra gas. what is great is that with all the different makers and designs we can have pretty much what we want and need instead of just having one style.

tat900
09-03-2004, 07:53 AM
one last question, besides they look good (and that is just an opinion based question) what use is there for a lowered truck? [/B][/QUOTE]

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/TATER/5182004123005PM32201.jpg
what they use well i look at my self and think i am a future street rodder i love everything thats custom even imports that are done tastefully but i have 300 hp at the wheels i have 20x 11 wheels with 305 30 20 with 11.5" of contact patch i can run with with lt1 camaros and mustangs all day i can lift my truck up to stock height pull a trailer if i need to its my hobby i love my truck but i dont drive it everydy because its not feasable but i live by that quote i posted on a earlier page but 400exrules im always around memephis holla at me i would like to have conversation wit ya

Bubba
09-03-2004, 08:48 AM
A few kids from my school tore up the whole front yard of the school, though it was cool. It happens alot. Every loser around here thinks parking on the curb or running over them is as hardcore as you can get (along with straight pipes on v6 trucks and other gay stuff).
I wasn't saying you or derek would do things like this at all, but it does happen alot, maybe just around here, who knows.
P.S. Body kits are gay and we hate ricers too, lol

Fender, thank you. Don't you have like a 2nd gen s10 or yota? Completely shaved, body droped

i know what u mean. A few guys from their (my) school, thought it would be fun to tear up their (my) football field. They cut doughnuts and crap in it. I never could figure out why you would tear up your own field. People are stupid i reckon.

stocktires
09-03-2004, 11:16 AM
the way i see it is, 2wd should not even be an option on a truck, lowered trucks are straight up gay, pointless pieces of ****, but if you like them, that is cool with me, i could care less what you like, im not the one stuck on a speedbump lookin like a retard in a parking lot or something

lol, Bean, I can't even count the amount of times me and you argued about this crap.
And when I'm "stuck on a speed bump" I'll laugh at your gay self when you can't get through the Taco Bell drive through because you truck is past the 6' 3" clearence. :D

Fender Bender
09-03-2004, 01:54 PM

lmfao, breck is the ONLY one who can h8 minitruckers, all of you other guys suck. :p

The nissan is shaved (other than the handles and gas door, ****in body line) and bodydropped, and the s10 is shaved static... Nissan just got painted too.

You can see the dime in the background of this pic..
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/forum/pafiledb/uploads//nissanpainted2.jpg

Hmmm...:confused: :devil:
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/forum/pafiledb/uploads//nissanpainted1.jpg

I'm saving for a 97 tacoma right now...if both my jobs keep the money flowing ill have it by next summer.

quadrcr161
09-03-2004, 02:08 PM
here is my nissan, during body drop
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/pb4bc42a7f4494082e89ba914a392f42d/f86f2157.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/p29b9a4ec5e010b4a5a5e28d2cc0986ae/f86f2153.jpg

others are at streetsourcemag.com

its pretty much in the same state but it needs finished, the guy that was letting me use the shop stopped going and it took me several months to get it out. now i just dont have enough entrest in finishing it right now.

hey fender, how much is that nissan body dropped?

WOracing
09-03-2004, 04:26 PM
i just know from my experience, low riders arent good for much. Some of my friends have their lowered cars and trucks, and to be honest, im tired of pushing and pulling them out when they get stuck. We go camping alot, and sometimes get rough winters, and they like to think their cars are capable of something they arent. Its pathetic. Why lower a car or truck and take away things such as clearance, and then get pissed off when you get stuck in a flat dirt field, or their tires are too "street" to grip well on ice? Honestly, maybe if i live in a place where it never snowed, and all the roads were flat and even, and their was never a cornfield in sight to turn off on, i could see a point in having one, but i dont see the point in what they were doing, and i would never do that to a truck of mine.

i see what your saying but see...my truck isnt going to be on the road in the winter and around here there nothing really i could get stuck on..let me see if this works, i have a picture of my truck but i dont know how to put it on here...if someone wants to IM me ill give you the picture to put on here thanks

s/n: WOracing19

Out_Sider
09-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by WOracing

they all think that they are the only ppl on earth, and that wat ever they do is right and anything else is wrong.. dumbass's pretty much

TC426EX
09-03-2004, 07:20 PM
I think lowered and shaved trucks are pretty sweet actually... It makes me sick to see how many people on here can be this judgemental and trash on another sport when guys build the **** out of their trucks just like we build the **** out of our quads. Some like raised, some like shaved, each have their own appeal. Ive never seen so many people ***** back and forth and show so much concern for leaving a mark in the F*CKING ROAD... its a mark in the road, who gives a flying ****!! Them dragging their trucks isnt gonna cause a big emergency where the road needs to be replaced. You guys need to f*ckin lighten up and pull the panties out of your asscracks and let the dudes do what they want. Maybe it wasnt the most interesting video in the world, but itll turn some heads if you passed them doing it on the road... In the end, who gives a F*ck let em do what they want...

SGA
09-04-2004, 02:27 AM
TC426EX, I agree. Jesus people, lighten up.

Im begining to think real people go out and do things with thier life and the others sit and argue on the internet.

If I have a lowered truck or a raised 4X4 and you want to tell me how its no good, you will be talking to yourself. I will be out enjoying it.