PDA

View Full Version : frame cracked

insaneracin2003
09-01-2004, 09:11 AM
didnt know where to put this thread but,i took off my plastics and found that my frame was cracked just under the gas tank where the motor mounts are,the motor mount are actuall cracked on one side,has anyone experienced this before?and if not,i would suggest checking them out.will this cause any real problems or should i just take the motor out and get it welded?
i run mx so i know there is probably some stress on that part of the frame......
thanks guys for your input.

TC426EX
09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
This is common... both of mine were cracked completely off up thereand my motor was just held on by the other motor mounts until I noticed it. My frame tubes also cracked almost all the way through just above the front shock mounts. Im running a 2003 frame so it didnt hold up to MX abuse for long. Ive since taken the bike apart and had it gusseted up good enough to drop it off a cliff... I would reccomend you do the same because even with shocks youll have these cracks appear. As far as your upper motor mounts, just have them welded and youll be golden again...

insaneracin2003
09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
do you know anyone who does frame gusseting?
i live in houston and i am not a welder,beleive me,i tried to weld something at work today coincadently:huh

JRDrider22
09-01-2004, 02:24 PM
mine did the same. thank god my dads a welder. he does everyones around here. cha ching

400-416EX
09-01-2004, 05:27 PM
If you don't mind sending the frame out. Contacy Pappy on this site.

quadmx7
09-01-2004, 08:09 PM
my frame cracked but in a differnt spot. i cracked mine right beside the right footpeg. my cosunin just cra cked his in the same spot as you tho and he had his dad weld his up. my frame is also a 2003