PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using an FCR on alcohol

type3tom
04-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Ive got an 39mm FCR(from FTZ Racing)thats set up for alcohol that Im having trouble dialing in,its got a low end bog that I couldnt get rid of.I took it down to DTR Racing they said no problem they could set it up but they have never worked on an FCR and Im not confident they will set it up for me.Just wondering what you guys run for jets and if you have modified the accelerator pump and if so how.

Thanks,Tom

type3tom
04-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Anybody?

Chef
04-08-2002, 04:37 PM
PM Wyndzer, he should be able to give you more help than anyone

crashinmatt
04-08-2002, 07:34 PM
I know this is someones elses thread, but its on alcohol. What needs to be done to the motor to run on alcohol? Is it just the carb needs to be set-up or does the motor need to be set-up internally? And would this be a good choice for MX? Sorry for posting, but im very curious.

wyndzer
04-08-2002, 08:45 PM
type3 I PM'd you back. Let me know how it goes.

Crash I wouldn't run it for MX, although I know guys that run it TT racing. I ran it for dragging, and it worked good for me. No mods to the motor need to be done. Just the carb. Buy one from FTZ racing and all you need to do is dial it in, kind of simple if you know what you are doing.

crashinmatt
04-09-2002, 03:43 PM
thanks im glad i heard that before i invested the money to find out it isnt worth it.

stevengates45
04-09-2002, 06:33 PM
wyndzer what times did you run? Oh yea, what length of a track u run on & was it dirt or asphalt?

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 06:47 PM
I was considering running alky in mine too. i asked TC about setting it up for alky and he said he would do it but he dont really reccomend it. he said it makes more of a difference for 2 strokes than it does for 4 strokes. he also told me that it is high maintenance.
I am still considering doing it though. is it true that you go through alky twice as fast as gas???
You guys that run this,,,what problems have you had with it if any???
I know most people use a FCR for alky too and TC would is putting a Lectron on mine.

04-10-2002, 03:14 PM
I run my 416 on meth. the only added maint. is to purge your fuel system with gas before you let the bike set for in extended amount of time,oil changes should be made more often also.All the fast ex are on meth.

wyndzer
04-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Steven I ran my 400 at a 300 ft. dirt track. It ran 5.3's
Can't wait to run the 'ol C-dale!!

Chad you will burn approx. 1.5 -2 times as much methanol as you do reg. gas.