PDA

View Full Version : hrc kit installed what a difference

jeepnrocks
08-31-2004, 10:36 PM
i thought the quad was lacking low end but when i talked to sparks racing they told me it had very good low end and that i was probably dealing witht the very high gear ratio or how quickly th e quad gets in the power. well the hrc kit fixed that problem !!. it revs quicker now so its in its power so much faster and just feels tons better than before. i can only imagine this thing with a full exhaust and good filter...
the only problem im haveing is that my omf scoops i believe or my ac pro pegs, even though tightened down are vibrating something fierce at higher rpms. I'll have that sorted out this weekend though :)
hrc kit gets an a+++++ from me

remlapr
08-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Weird, I thought the HRC cam was supposed to really hurt the low end...

jeepnrocks
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM
i don't know i talked to a guy at the local races before i got mine and he said he couldnt tell that much of a difference.
it MAY take a slight ammount of low end away BUT if you ride alot of woods trails with really technical sections then the hrc is great. Alot of those type of trails rely on you creeping thru areas at a little more than idle then you will have to get in the power to spin the quad 90 degrees to make it around an obstacle and for that the hrc kit really helps. its probably not so much of a low end issue as how fast it gets into the power

twisted threads
09-01-2004, 03:32 AM
I agree the HRC kit is WAY better than stock. Once you put a full system on its even better.:cool:

jeepnrocks
09-01-2004, 06:56 AM
i think im going to spend a month or so getting used to this. has anyone switched to the 13 tooth only to go back to the 14 after getting the hrc and full system?
i think i'll stick with the 13 for now, but if a f ull pipe helps it get in the power even quicker that 13 tooth may be too short

lukester720
09-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Weird, I thought the HRC cam was supposed to really hurt the low end...

This is true, the HRC does hurt the bottom end, but the gain in power they are feeling comes from opening the exhaust up with the endcap.;) The hrc is a large cam and at low rpm it opens the valves to far, thats why it loses out on bottom but rips up top when you get into the revs.

benwa450r
09-01-2004, 11:29 AM
HRC cam does hurt low-end some but helps out on top-end. Add a full exhaust and low end will come back.

lukester720
09-01-2004, 11:37 AM
This is a handmade dyno graph that was made in paint by one of my friends to mimick the original dyno pulls that were performed by CHM to give you an idea of the difference in hp.
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-4-1092382406.jpg

I hope that this helps clear things up.;) that 5 hp on bottom is actually being nice, it was more like 7hp:eek:

remlapr
09-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
This is a handmade dyno graph that was made in paint by one of my friends to mimick the original dyno pulls that were performed by CHM to give you an idea of the difference in hp.
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-4-1092382406.jpg

I hope that this helps clear things up.;) that 5 hp on bottom is actually being nice, it was more like 7hp:eek:

FUG THAT, if I do decide to move to an R, there won't be a HRC cam going in mine. Lukester - what about the low end with your sparks cam? I've heard from a couple of people that've rode your R that it rips...

jeepnrocks
09-01-2004, 02:40 PM
yes i thought it was supposed to take away from the low end too and probably does a little. i think what i was experienceing was not being able to get into the power fast enuf. my friends 400ex was the same way before he got a full pipe.
it was hard to put around in the technical stuff but like his the hrc kit fixed that. i think its just that it revs a bit faster and makes the power more accesible.

lukester720
09-01-2004, 09:38 PM
The bottom end on the sparks agressive is the same as stock with a little better than stock mid with about 4hp above stock from about 5800 rpms on up, the hotcam stage 2 is very similar to this also. The hotcam stage 1 comes on all at once and signs off early, and I own the 02 crf cam and it was not impressive, the sparks took its place. Supposedly the 02 crf is a good cam if you port the head and raise the compression, but thats a lot of work just to say you run a 02 crf cam without being depressed.:rolleyes: I haven't really heard much about any other cams besides that megacycle has one thats bigger than the hrc cam called the x2. I hope this helps.

Shawn H
09-02-2004, 09:15 AM
I switched from a 13 back to stock once I installed my HRC kit.

I cant believe there is a 7hp or even 5hp diffrence on the bottem end. I think I would have noticed that much I feel it was a big improvement for $225 I also added my slip-on at the same time so maybe thats why I didnt feel it, I sure do notice if I put a quite core in my slip-on
what a pooch:huh

roughrider01
09-02-2004, 09:25 AM
On that graph it doesnt look like the HRC cam hurts it at all. The power curves are just about parallel, only difference is you gotta rev the HRC cam about a grand higher. I found out from day one the engine doesnt like to be lugged anyways.

kbass24emtp
09-02-2004, 10:44 AM
I swithced back to stock after the HRC kit and full HMF system. It rips!!!

TRX450R2
09-02-2004, 11:30 AM
I run Xcountry's with stock gearing and full pro-circuit system, 185 main jet and airbox mods and it rips against the other quads so I don't think I need the HRC yet?:cool: :D